Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang deliver original, acquired and classic animated and live action entertainment. With digital and gaming businesses, in-house animation production facilities, and studios on both coasts, the division is both grassroots and cutting edge. The combination draws talented people to our doors and audiences to our channels. Check it.
Art Lead, Facial AnimationLocation Kirkland, Washington, United States Job ID 162625BR Apply Now
What part will you play?
- Work with Director of Art, Director of Technical Art, and Engineering staff to continue to develop an efficient, scalable toolset that delivers facial animation at the highest quality possible.
- Create high quality facial animations for in-game presentations and real time cinematics.
- Work with Production on project dependencies, scheduling and management of scope capacity for the Facial Animation Team.
- Regularly attend cross discipline meeting to understand project goals and dependent partners needs.
- Review project specific face animations across all in game presentation systems on a regular basis to ensure optimal implementation and high quality output.
What do we require from you?
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years working as an animator in the entertainment industry with a focus on facial animation
- 3+ years as an animation lead or equivalent leadership role.
- At least 3 shipped AAA titles.
- Experience in mocap animation pipelines.
- Experience working in modern facial animation pipelines
- At least 8+ years’ experience with industry standard 3-D animation package (3D Studio Max, Motion Builder, and Maya)
- Deep understanding of FACS based animation analysis and implementation (Example Faceware).
- Strong understanding of facial likeness capture and scan processes including light stage, photogrammetry, HMC and hybrid approaches.
- Deep knowledge of facial topology, anatomy and rigging solutions to best support both automated and individually authored performances.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS