You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
T3 Trainee- Live Events TeamLocation Houston, United States Job ID 166625BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, TCM, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE and b/r Live and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Working with the Live Events team, who produces large scale consumer fan events, the T3 Trainee will learn the various steps of event management and production. This includes site selection, event ideation and development, brainstorming and developing activation concepts, client management, vendor selection, budget development, working with city and state officials and public safety teams, securing permits, security management and overall event operations and logistics.
The T3 Trainee will primarily work with the Event Management & Production team researching and sourcing vendors, maintaining production schedules and tracking documents, assisting with on-site event office management, participating in credential planning and distribution, and learning general operations and logistics.
Day to day tasks will include:
- Reaching out to vendors
- Obtaining quotes
- Attending planning meetings
- Developing dot maps’
- Learning the Event Management System
- Working on event layouts
- As needed, the T3 will assist the Brand and Activation team with activation research, brainstorming, sales decks and on-site execution.
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient in Microsoft - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional organization skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Knowledge of the Live Events industry Prior internship preferred
- The Turner Trainee Team (T3) program is designed for recent college graduates who have a driving desire to succeed in the media industry.
- Trainees will be selected to receive a hands-on learning experience for 11 months in Turner's leading divisions.
- All T3's must be no more than 2 years post-graduation with a bachelor’s or graduate degree from an accredited university.
- This program is paid, with benefits.
- Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS