Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Mgr., Event Mgmt & ProductionLocation Houston, Texas, United States Job ID 174400BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Live Events team collaborates with our internal and external partners to develop and produce best-in-class activations, fan events, music festivals/concerts and consumer events.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will lead and manage major events and projects across multiple sports and entertainment properties.
This person will be a leader within our event management & production team and will be assigned various event responsibilities needed to execute major events.
We are looking for someone with experience in event management and operations that can lead a team, build relationships and work with contractors throughout the event planning and execution process.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is able to deliver and understand event management operations, while also being able to communicate and build relationships with a diverse group of people including sponsors, operational contractors, public safety and city leaders, team members and executives inside and outside 10th Street Productions and Warner Media.
He/She will report to the Senior Director and will work with other team members on the event management team in addition to creative, activation and sales teams.
The Event Manager is someone that takes initiative and also sees the "big picture" while understanding the necessary details of event management.
- Manage and lead major events while working with clients, sponsors and contractors
- Responsible for all aspects of event management including the event budget, layouts, public safety, utilities, production, event staffing, contractor management, and sponsor management
- Project management responsibilities leading the overall project, managing status reports, production schedule and able to lead weekly calls/meetings with clients and contractors.
- Understand production elements of music events and festivals including securing lighting, sound and video contractors, artist production management and transportation.
- Manage all aspects of the event permitting process including fire safety, building code permitting, electrical and health permitting.
- General understanding of the event creative and signage process for all events.
- Collaborate with other team members to bring together all event elements
- Brainstorm and develop fan activations and new elements within existing events
- 5 - 7 years of event management experience
- Management of budgets ranging from $500,000 to $3,000,000
- High level understanding of event operations process and procedures
- Communication skills that allow you to communicate with clients and contractors to execute a project
- Experience working directly with venues and managing vendors and sponsors
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to details and communicate effectively
- Strong work ethic with an ability to quickly learn new skills and adapt to a variety of event environments
- Proficiency in the following Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Understanding of Illustrator, Photoshop and AutoCad preferred
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited college or university
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS