Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Sales PlannerLocation Hong Kong - Hong Kong Job ID 161401BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Oh!k, truTV, TCM, TNT, Warner TV, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. At Turner, we believe diversity and inclusion are business imperatives so we’re looking for candidates from all backgrounds that can help us Re-imagine TV.
No matter the risk, no matter the challenges, we are one Turner. More fun; Less Fear; All in!
What part will you play?
The Sales Planner supports the frontline sales team for CNN International who deals with clients and media agencies directly in the markets of Hong Kong/APAC. In a time of structural transformation in the advertising market, rapid change in the way people consume news around the world, and the impact of technology on all facets of our business, the entire pan-regional media model has changed beyond all recognition in a very short space of time. Whilst CNN’s multi-platform ad sales strategy has ensured over-performance on both our TV and digital platforms, we continually aim to offer our clients greater real time insights
These huge growth markets in APAC contribute significantly to the advertising footprint in the region, and are constantly on the lookout for dynamic, multi-platform solutions that tap into CNN’s expertise and leadership position. In this multi-dimensional, challenging, but highly-fulfilling role, the Sales Planner will have the following responsibilities
What will you be doing?
- Supporting Sales
- Contributes to the achievement of the regional sales revenue target
- Prepares media schedules, presentations and proposals for the Hong Kong ad sales team
- Provides latest presentations materials and product updates to the sales team
- Deliver accurate and complete paperwork for sponsorships, bookings and campaigns
- Assists the Account Manager in the submission of creative materials for broadcast.
- Compiles On-Air Transmission reports, Digital Performance reports, post-campaign Reports, CD-compilations, checking of monthly client invoices, as briefed by the Sales team
- Regularly update product information (credentials presentation, media kits, programme grids, distribution, sales policy, Ratecard etc.) to maintain alignment with other global offices and deliver consistent messaging
- Co-ordinate with regional sales offices to exchange and share sales and account information
- Research & Administration
- Assist the Account Manager with coordination of travel schedules and meetings for the clients & media agencies
- Submit monthly sales forecast, pipeline and sponsorship information in the standard format
- Monitors competitor channels and provides information to the sales teams on competitor activity
- Make regular contact with clients & media agencies to keep up to date with account and people moves
What do we require from you?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in agency / media owner an advantage
- Interested in & have some knowledge of Media/News Broadcasting Sales
- Knowledge of Digital media - planning, buying and digital operations an added asset.
- Creative thinking with a curiosity and affinity for News
- Fluency in written and spoken English is prerequisite
- Strong administrative and organization skills
- Immediate availability is preferred
ABOUT CNN INTERNATIONAL
CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in seven different languages across all major TV, digital and mobile platforms reaching more than 425 million households around the globe, including over 77 million across the Asia Pacific region. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America and has a US presence which includes CNNgo. CNN Digital is a leading network of online news, mobile news and social media. CNN is at the forefront of digital innovation and continues to invest heavily in expanding its global digital footprint, with a suite of award-winning digital properties and a range of strategic content partnerships, commercialized through a strong data-driven understanding of audience behaviors. Over the years CNN has won multiple prestigious awards around the world for its journalism. CNN has 41 editorial offices and more than 1,100 affiliates worldwide through CNN Newsource. CNN International is part of Turner, a Time Warner company.