CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Director of Coverage, APAC (CNN)Job ID 172286BR Apply Now
Day to day responsibilities will include overall editorial quality control on all aspects of international newsgathering submitted from around the globe. The successful candidate will work closely with counterparts across the newsgroup to discuss and execute on coverage needs. They, along with the other DOCs, will be accountable for managing the international newsgathering budget. They will also ensure that the relationship between TV, digital and newsgathering remains strong.
The Director of Coverage will share editorial management duties with the other DOC's in EMEA and Atlanta across the week. For the duration of their shift, the DOC is the editorial leader, driving our coverage on all platforms to ensure we are accurate, fair, balanced and competitive. Working with the Directors of Security, the DOC is responsible for the safety of our teams in the field. The DOC in Asia- Pacific will share in managing a team spread across the region. The DOC will also work closely with the Production and Field Engineering departments.
- A proven track record of first-class editorial ability is essential.
- Program production and/or digital production experience is desirable
- Technically articulate and skilled in video
- Engaged in digital and social media
- Field experience including package production
- Strong editing skills
- Seasoned experience of international newsgathering operations is essential, as is management experience.
- Knowledge and interest in international affairs (specifically Asia)
- Conversant with media industry developments
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Versatile field-based experience, including all-platform field production
- Foreign language skills are desirable but not essential
- Experience of growing and nurturing team members with an emphasis on succession
- Experienced leader; proven experience of managing a team, and preferably remote management experience
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS