CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Associate Producer - based in Seoul, KoreaLocation Hong Kong - Hong Kong Job ID 151708BR Apply Now
CNN International is seeking an associate producer based in our bureau in Seoul, South Korea. An associate producer is responsible for duties ranging from research, newsgathering, assisting in planning future stories, logistic support, setting up interviews and shoots, and producing live-shots for correspondents and guests. Associate producers provide producers and correspondents support gathering material for packages and digital stories. They will work closely with CNN’s regional hub in Hong Kong and headquarters in Atlanta on a daily basis. They will liaise with both newsgathering and digital on stories, therefore strong communication skills are a must. This position requires the ability to work well under pressure, especially during breaking news. The associate producer is also expected to have a full understanding of the editorial direction that the network is taking on a daily basis. All applicants must have a good understanding of international news. You may be required to work in the field, as well as during weekends and overnights.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Must demonstrate strong research skills
• Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers, correspondents, and assignment desks
• Capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations including breaking news • Must be proficient in using social media.
• Journalism experience in South Korea is an advantage.
• Fluency in Korean Language is required
We offer a rewarding career and attractive remuneration package. Interested candidates, please send full curriculum vitae & portfolio (samples of writing/artwork) with details of existing and expected salary by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications may be considered for other suitable positions within the Time Warner Group.