Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Associate, LegalLocation Hong Kong - Hong Kong Job ID 169523BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Oh!k, truTV, TCM, TNT, Warner TV, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. At Turner, we believe diversity and inclusion are business imperatives so we’re looking for candidates from all backgrounds that can help us Re-imagine TV.
What part will you play?
As Associate, Legal you will work with all functions of the Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America Legal teams, helping to:
- support the successful implementation of Legal Operations & Knowledge Management projects
- build processes and implement legal tools that drive greater efficiencies
- empower in-house lawyers to spend more time on providing legal advice, and optimize the delivery of legal services to clients.
- Help advance the International Legal Operations & Knowledge Management team’s projects, driving to on-time and within-budget results.
- Analyse external counsel spend of each International Legal cost centre and determine cost-saving opportunities including through the support of legal billing solutions.
- Make contributions to process design efforts to positively impact the Legal team and its clients including optimising: the legal knowledge environment; monitoring legal developments and “hot button” policy issues; incoming work allocation; and use of legal resources.
- Support current-state process documentation, future-state optimized process design, and provide on-going support for implemented processes.
- Research, recommend, support rollout and help maintain new legal tools and technology solutions; or help improve use of existing tools and solutions, to optimise the use of legal resources and the provision of legal services.
- Collect, collate and document legal and business information relevant to Legal Operations & Knowledge Management projects.
- Prepare or assist in drafting simple contracts.
- Support and manage various ad hoc projects within the International legal department as they arise.
- Act as the liaison with the US Turner Legal Department’s (TLD) technology initiatives, identifying potential, efficient opportunities forthe International Legal Operations & Knowledge Management team based on the US TLD’s work in this area.
- B.A. or B.Sc. degree
- Analytical, problem-solving, and communication experience
- Proactive, self-starter with multi-tasking skills and the ability to understand and interpret business requirements.
- Ability to communicate with people of all levels, cultures and nationalities
- Ability to work collaboratively with people in different offices and across multiple time zones
- Interest in, and exposure to, a legal environment
- Mature and professional approach; handles sensitive/confidential information with appropriate care.
- Attention to detail
- Research skills
- Part of the Warner Media family of powerhouse brands
- Work for the BEST! Turner has been the recipient of HR Asia as one of the best companies to work for in Asia 2018; Hong Kong workplace awards: Caring Company Award 2017-2018 and Manpower Development Award 2017-2018
All applications will be retained for a maximum period of one year. Turner International Asia Pacific Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer A WarnerMedia Company
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS