CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Producer II, Dallas, TXLocation Dallas, Texas, United States Job ID 171113BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Producer II is responsible for generating, pitching and executing creative, enterprise reporting and story ideas, particularly character driven stories for television and digital.
The Producer II must collaborate with editors, photojournalists, bookers, show and segment producers and writers. S/he must be capable of highly produced live segments, both in the field and in the studio. The Producer II is responsible for generating, pitching and executing enterprise reporting, particularly character driven stories for television and digital. S/he must be able to develop confidential sources, gain fast access to rights holders of internet content sites and be able to track down potential interviewees quickly, anywhere in the world. Must be able to travel at a moment's notice. S/he is responsible for writing packages, wires and digital scripts. The Producer II must be adept at digital newsgathering and social media. S/he is responsible for producing live segments both in the field and in the studio.
This position can require up to 65% travel.
- Must be able to write, shoot with digital camera, and basic edit.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills required to work well with all partners involved in a production including editors, photojournalists, bookers, writers, show producers and talent.
- Responsible for identifying good video as well as locating and organizing large amounts of video for picture-intensive packages on short order.
- This role requires experience with setting up remotes, conducting interviews and all DNG/ENG aspects.
- Must also be able to identify digital and social media stories before they go viral.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS