Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Sales Planner - Bleacher ReportLocation Chicago, United States Job ID 161046BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
Bleacher Report, the social voice of sports and a wholly owned subsidiary of Turner Sports is hiring highly motivated, digitally savvy Sales Planners. The qualified candidate will reside in either the NY, CHI, or LA offices of Turner and will report to an Account Executive and Vice President, National Sales. We are looking for digital professionals who understand the monetization strategies that leverage the social graph and a proven ability to communicate the value of this strategy to a wide range of major U.S. brands. In addition to generating revenue through branded content partnerships, our social sales team will work closely with our product, creative, and account service teams to see to it that the programs are implemented to maximize the client's KPIs. You will be a support system and partially responsible for cultivating, nurturing and ultimately leveraging quality contacts at both major agencies and national brands *Opportunity for NY, Chicago, and LA
What will you be doing?
- Proactive and engaging, with a positive approach towards problem-solving
- Assist AE's in guiding and consulting clients on the use of Bleacher Report's ad products, which products to use for which objectives, and how to achieve the greatest results based on client objectives
- Assist in the preparation and follow-up for client meeting
- Establish deep relationships with national brands and media/advertising agencies
- Grow existing portfolio of Turner Sports clients, to drive and upsell revenue B/R revenue
- Assist AE's in educating and training media agencies about B/R specific advertising and content across social
- Creative strategy: Work with brands to define their brand identity on social platforms in terms of brand purpose, brand voice and content themes through half or full day workshops
- Lead in the creation of proposals for incoming RFP's by creating media plans to meet advertiser needs
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Set up kick-off calls in preparation of new campaigns
What do we require from you?
- 1-3 years' experience working at a media agency or publisher managing a brand's digital advertising strategy and buying activities
- Proven track record of negotiating, structuring, and closing complex brand partnerships
- An entrepreneurial mindset - strong desire to work in sales and team environment
- A sports enthusiast who regularly follows one or more college or professional sports teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with DoubleClick DFP, DFA, Atlas, Comscore Media Metrix, Mediavisor, Atlas, Operative, and SalesForce
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.