Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Director, Sales, Ad InnovationLocation Chicago, United States Job ID 166267BR Apply Now
Turner, a WarnerMedia company and a leading media conglomerate, is best known as the folks who bring you CNN, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Bleacher Report, Cartoon Network, truTV, Turner Sports, Great Big Story and so much more! With cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner content reaches hundreds of millions of consumers globally. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story?
What part will you play?
This role is part of Turner Ignite and will report to the VP of Sales for Ad Innovation & Programmatic Solutions. The Director will be tasked with client (agencies and advertisers) and internal executive consultation to ideate/sell solutions that leverage data, analytics, and technology to create new ways to monetize Turner's assets.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for achieving topline revenue and yield targets as well as managing expenses against deals/accounts.
- Develop account specific strategy and drive results for clients with Go-to-Market and Category sales leads
- Point person in the Chicago market for all Ad Innovation solutions, most notably Turner's AdvertisingNOW and TargetingNOW products.
- Responsible for representing cross platform audience, addressable TV and programmatic TV solutions, along with various custom solutions developed by the Ad Innovation Product team.
- Working in lockstep with GTM Sales and Ad Innovation Associates/Analysts, the Director will ensure that client solutions are delivered accurately and on time with the goal of driving client satisfaction, renewal and growth.
What do we require from you?
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to interact with senior level clients
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High degree of sales acumen rooted in deep product knowledge and consulting expertise
- Collaborative communicator who can work cross functionally with various internal teams to execute complex processes
- Ability to take extremely complex solutions and make them simple and easy to explain
- Passionate about media, data, analytics and technology
- Proven sales executive who can drive revenue and manage expense Knowledge Base
- Solid knowledge of linear/digital advertising (including mobile and social)
- Solid knowledge of Turner's linear audience targeting products and offerings in market (National networks, MSO/Satellite, Aggregators)
- Solid knowledge of media planning (ex: reach and frequency concepts)
- Deep understanding of marketing principles and strategies across all media types
- Knowledge of advanced data sets in the media space (ex: Nielsen, comScore, Krux, Experian, etc.)
- Knowledge of advertiser side data solutions (NCS, NBI, IRI, NPD, JD Power, Rentrak Studio, etc.)
- Knowledge of Ad technologies and how they can be leveraged to create new advertising solutions (ex: ACR, geo location, beaconing)
- Knowledge of data integration techniques and processes: Data matching & key vendors, Data fusion and key partners
- Knowledge of Advanced Analytics including Predictive modeling and ROI methodologies
- Knowledge of Addressable technology and key vendors
- Knowledge of programmatic solutions and technology providers in market for linear (ex: Adobe, Clypd, Simulmedia, AdCuratio)
- Knowledge of linear and digital ad operations (ad serving, trafficking etc.)
- Understanding of digital programmatic infrastructure and work flow(DMP, SSP, DSP, Trading Desks)
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- Anin-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us onInstagram,Twitter andFacebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS