Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
VP, Long Form and SpecialsLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 175518BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, with an innovative and talent-rich roster boasting some of the most accomplished writers, producers and artists working today. The studio is on the cutting edge of animation technology, and has both CG and traditionally animated projects in current production and development for multiple platforms — including TV, digital and home entertainment — both domestically and internationally.
Warner Bros. Animation Inc. seeks a VP, Long Form and Specials for the WBA Creative Affairs department. Position evaluates and develops material and talent for long form production.
- Attends and participates in creative meetings. Coordinates and follows up on resulting ideas and projects.
- Reviews and responds to creative script submissions.
- Maintains and compiles lists of writers, directors and actors.
- Acts as a liaison between the Senior Executives and the creative community.
- Attends screenings as a representative of the Senior Vice Presidents Production and takes specific script notes.
- Researches and coordinates various projects as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with the writers on current projects.
- Solicits, analyzes and evaluates material for long form development and production.
- Supervises development of material and projects to be made by Warner Bros.
- Pitches long form projects to networks and buyers.
- Supervises production of long form projets.
- Evaluates and meets with new writers, directors, producers, actors and production crews for use in Warner Bros. long form projects
- Prepares corporate reports which outline Warner Bros. development and production situations and provides analysis of current and prospective market trends in the U.S. and international markets.
- Responsible for supervising activities and staff members in job tasks.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred.
- Must have thorough knowledge (and experience) of long form film development and deal making.
- Must be able to locate, nurture and formulate ideas for new talent.
- Must be able to research and coordinate various projects.
- Knowledge of, and business relationships with, U.S. and international filmmakers, talent and agents.
- Knowledge of International and Domestic film markets.
- Knowledge of film marketing and methods in order to prepare analyses of current and prospective market trends.
- PC Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Word and E-Mail preferred.
- Knowledge of basic math, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English usage.
- Previous experience with International and Domestic film markets preferred.
- Previous experience sell to and working with premium cable and streaming services preferred.
- Sufficient knowledge/experience with film production in order to supervise development and productions.
- Thorough knowledge (and experience) of film development and deal making, and the ability to make suggestions relating to their merchandising and marketing.
- Travel will be required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with Warner Bros. executives and members of the creative community in person and on the telephone.
- Must be able to reason through issues, resolve problems and make recommendations.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Must be able to review, analyze and respond to script submissions.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS