Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
VP, Business Affairs - HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 173016BR Apply Now
We won’t chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn’t exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
The Vice President, Business Affairs, Direct-to-Consumer handles and oversees all business matters pertaining to the development and production of original programming for WarnerMedia's DTC, including the structuring, negotiation and documentation of all deals and providing advice and counsel to EVP of BA on business matters.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handles all business matters pertaining to the development and production of original programming for WarnerMedia's DTC and their related platforms when applicable, including the structuring, negotiation and documentation of all deals and providing advice, and counsel to senior management on business matters, e.g. structure of deals such as license fee deals, co-production deals, acquisition of underlying rights, agreements with producers, directors, writers, actors and other individuals and entities associated with the development and production of original programming, financing and distribution arrangements.
- Investigation of customary practices and policy in the industry related to programming content and distribution methods.
- Preparation of deal memos and other correspondence confirming agreements and review of long form agreements regarding same.
- Review and confirmation of production budgets to ensure compliance with general business policies and terms of particular agreements; evaluation of copyright and other intellectual property issues; title, E&O, and general troubleshooting on assigned projects.
- Minimum 7+ years in television business affairs or comparable transactional practice.
- JD Required.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with guild rules.
- Familiarity with streaming deals strongly preferred.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS