Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang deliver original, acquired and classic animated and live action entertainment. With digital and gaming businesses, in-house animation production facilities, and studios on both coasts, the division is both grassroots and cutting edge. The combination draws talented people to our doors and audiences to our channels. Check it.
Technical DirectorLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 174284BR Apply Now
Warner Bros. Animation Inc. seeks a Technical Director for the WB Animation department. The Technical Director is responsible for creating and maintaining software tools, providing front-line support to artists and leads, editorial, post-production, and archiving and general troubleshooting of the 2D pipeline in a fast-paced production environment.
- Maintain and develop tools for Shotgun. Extend functionality of Shotgun through the creation of stand-alone Python GUIs, Action Menus, and Event Triggers.
- Troubleshoot 2D asset creation, color styling, 2D efx, animation, rough comp, and final comp.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the entire pipeline lifecycle.
- Works with show leads and digital supervisor to provide support for the show.
- Develop and import plug-ins for various software programs.
- Develop additional tools that may be needed for Shotgun, and other programs.
- BA/BFA/BS degree preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years previous experience in animation or visual effects required.
- Highly experienced with Shotgun (2+ years).
- Must understand current industry animation techniques, and technologies.
- Highly organized and independently solves problems with little supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with naming conventions and file organization.
- Proficient in Harmony, Photoshop, After Effects, and Maya.
- Experience with Apache2 HTTP, Wiki Servers, MEL, and PyMel preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Mac OS, Windows, and Linux preferred.
- Experienced with writing Python and MEL scripts.
- A firm understanding of GUI toolkits such as PySide and Tk.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS