Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Team Coco Podcast Producer, UnscriptedLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 176850BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Conan O'Brien is TV's longest running late night host and one of the most successful, respected comedians in America. He's currently the host of CONAN on the TBS television network. An Emmy award winner, O'Brien began his career as a writer for Saturday Night Live and The Simpsons where he developed his original brand of comedy, living at the intersection of smart and silly, that has inspired a generation of comedians and writers who came after him. Named by Time magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world. Team Coco is an omnichannel digital media company that both expands and diversifies Conan's fanbase and capitalizes on new business opportunities. These new initiatives include a successful touring and live events business, hilarious and effective branded digital content, and the world's top comedy podcast, "Conan O'Brien Needs A Friend."
Team Coco is looking for a versatile audio producer to lead unscripted podcast production across the Team Coco Network. The network has already created several successful podcasts (scripted and unscripted) with aggressive plans increase output in 2020 and beyond.
The Unscripted Podcast Producer will work with the COO and the rest of the podcast team to expand an existing slate of podcasts and content with an emphasis on diversity (diversity of talent and a diversity of formats). Candidates will demonstrate a passion for comedy and enjoy working with comedians in a fast-paced, friendly, startup environment. A strong candidate will have 4+ years of experience in audio content development and/or production for podcasts, radio, TV, or live events. Candidates will work seamlessly and communicate with multiple departments such as development, programming, marketing, business development and legal etc. With a battery of projects already in progress and more in the pipeline, the Unscripted Podcast Producer will be elemental in overseeing and shaping new series from pre-production to production.
- Have a deep knowledge of the LA and national comedy scene and an ear for good audio, superb comic judgement, great people skills, proficiency in audio recording and Pro Tools editing, and the plate-spinning skills to put that all into practice
- Scouting the most talented new and established comedians and bringing them to our studio
- Offering structural, technical and audio expertise to turn funny ideas into breakout hit shows
- Providing support and creative input for existing shows to ensure ongoing quality and originality
- Coordinating studio sessions to ensure talent have a great experience recording with us
- Working with our talent bookers to bring exciting, diverse, funny guests into our studios
- Recording and editing shows in partnerships with our engineering team
- Ongoing communication and advocacy on behalf of your shows across all parts of Team Coco
- Managing production to ensure timely publishing and happy advertisers
- Ensure that all Team Coco shows are original, highly entertaining, produced to a high professional standard, and commercially viable.
- Ensure that all Team Coco shows are produced and distributed on time and on budget, providing the best possible service to the audience, the talent, and advertising clients.
- Create and systematically manage opportunities for cross promotion both within and outside of the network, including utilizing live shows and merchandizing to increase visibility.
- Collaborate closely with marketing teams to increase awareness of Team Coco content and talent.
- Monitor show performance closely and intervene, leading planning and execution of measures to support struggling shows. Review performance of all shows on a quarterly basis and end relationships that don't benefit all the partners.
- Ensure that Team Coco publishing is accurate, highly readable, and error-free at all times.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4+ years’ experience in audio content development, production and management, with a primary focus on podcasts, terrestrial or satellite radio, or a similar audio medium
- Strong preference for candidates experienced in working in the comedy genre.
- Experience working collaboratively with creative and editorial talent
- Understanding of emerging, digital-first media models
- A passion for creating excellent, entertaining content
- Must be creative, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and have the ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet all deadlines and work independently
- Avid podcast consumer
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS