Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Summer 2020 Intern - TBS/TNT EntertainmentLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 176079BR Apply Now
Business Unit Overview
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
If you love television, there's no better place to work than TBS & TNT. We provide a blend of original scripted and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, and movies that makes us the top cable networks in television. Beyond our quality programming, we support our employees with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
This is a paid internship based in the TNT/TBS office located in Burbank, CA. You will spend 10 weeks rotating through the various departments of a television studio & network (with a focus on development, both scripted and unscripted). Interns will gain invaluable knowledge, skills and experience within a fast-paced, well-established television environment.
- Work on projects and gain insight into the main areas of Development, Production, Post-Production, Business Affairs and Public Relations.
- Provide script coverage, sit in on meetings, work on various projects, attend professional development workshops, and meet with various executives in different departments.
- Assist with basic data entry, copying, and other duties as required.
- Requires a 10-week commitment at 40 hours per week.
- Must be a graduate student, or a rising junior or senior student pursuing an undergraduate degree and must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship.
- A strong academic record (3.0 or above) is preferred.
- Entertainment experience is NOT required.
- Varying backgrounds that will bring a fresh, diverse perspective to their work.
- A passion for television.
- Must be self-motivated, have the ability to work in a team environment and have a good attitude!
- Be able to multi-task in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
Summer 2020 program dates are June 1st through August 7th. Interns are paid a competitive wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS