You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Summer 2020 Intern - Cartoon Network Talent DevelopmentLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 175951BR Apply Now
Business Unit Overview
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang deliver original, acquired and classic animated and live action entertainment. With digital and gaming businesses, in-house animation production facilities, and studios on both coasts, the division is both grassroots and cutting edge. The combination draws talented people to our doors and audiences to our channels. Check it.
The Cartoon Network Story Cartoon Network Studios is where the scheming, scribbling and real fun happens! We create original animated entertainment for Cartoon Network, the ultimate destination for cartoon fans and gamers. With shows like Powerpuff Girls, Steven Universe, and We Bare Bears, Cartoon Network Studios is the place to be. Check it all out at cartoonnetwork.com!
Cartoon Network is seeking driven, organized and creative interns for our Summer 2020 session! Have you ever wondered how an artist got their start in the animation industry or how a studio stays connected to the animation community, and supports artists who are working hard on your favorite cartoons? Do you want to spend a semester learning about animation artist recruitment and talent development?
- They will develop an understanding of the recruitment and talent outreach needs for a television animation studio on a daily basis.
- This includes gaining an understanding of the skills required for different artistic roles within the studio.
- They will have the opportunity to participate and be involved in internal and external animation industry events related to networking and professional development.
- Students will assist the Animation Talent Development Manager with a variety of tasks related to professional development of artists currently working at the studio.
- This includes assisting in updating and maintaining the announcement board, designing flyers, and assisting in planning professional development & networking events.
- MUST be a rising junior or senior currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university.
- Radio/TV/Film, Communications, Sound Production, or similar majors preferred.
- Applicants should have a strong academic record (3.0 minimum strongly preferred).
- Should be able to commit 15-20 hours weekly during normal business hours.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player and have a great attitude!
- Be able to multi-task in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Experience with FileMaker Pro is preferred.
An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS