You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Summer 2019 VR Lab InternLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 168106BR Apply Now
Cartoon Network Studios is where the scheming, scribbling and real fun happens! We create original animated entertainment for Cartoon Network, the ultimate destination for cartoon fans and gamers. With shows like Powerpuff Girls, Steven Universe, and We Bare Bears, Cartoon Network Studios is the place to be. Check it all out at cartoonnetwork.com!
What part will you play?
Cartoon Network is seeking driven, organized and creative interns for our Summer 2019 session! If you LOVE animation and have an interest in a career in computer science, 3D modeling, or interactive design, we have an EPIC internship opportunity in our Virtual Reality lab at Cartoon Network Studios! In this internship, you will have the opportunity to:
- Review and provide feedback on prototype milestones while assisting the Director and PM with production responsibilities for third-party prototype development
- Ideate and concept new prototype projects connected to IP in content development or original IP
- Research production tools and make recommendations for VR lab
- Support VR lab initiatives:
- Setting up hardware and software for VR lab participants
- Demo’ing Development projects for talent, execs, and development partners
- Create, package, and refine VR development materials from CNVR lab IP
- Creating 3D-printed centerpieces to showcase the CNVR lab IP
- Archive and organize project files for hand-off to game developers
- Support VR lab teams via in Maya / Unity
- You’ll also have the chance to make a pitch for a prototype project with a third party or pitch an interactive original IP to Cartoon Network staff and execs at the end of the semester!
- Some general administrative and clerical duties may be assigned.
What do we need from you?
- MUST be a rising junior or senior currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university.
- 3D Animation, Computer Science, Interactive Design, UX or similar majors are preferred.
- Prior experience with Maya/Blender/3ds Max, Premiere/After Effects, Unity/Unreal, Photoshop/Illustrator or similar programs is helpful.
- Applicants should have a strong academic record (3.0 minimum strongly preferred).
- Should be able to commit 15-20 hours weekly during normal business hours.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player and have a great attitude!
- Be able to multi-task in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
- Summer 2019 Internship dates are June 5th – August 24th.
- Interns are paid at minimum wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Course credit is optional, but not required.
- Recent grads and graduate students are not eligible for the internship program at Cartoon Network Studios.
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted into the program.
Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS