You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Summer 2019 Talent Development InternLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 168237BR Apply Now
Cartoon Network Studios is where the scheming, scribbling and real fun happens! We create original animated entertainment for Cartoon Network, the ultimate destination for cartoon fans and gamers. With shows like Powerpuff Girls, Steven Universe, and We Bare Bears, Cartoon Network Studios is the place to be. Check it all out at cartoonnetwork.com!
What part will you play?
Cartoon Network is seeking driven, organized and creative interns for our Summer 2019 session! Have you ever wondered how an artist got their start in the animation industry or how a studio stays connected to the animation community, and supports artists who are working hard on your favorite cartoons? Do you want to spend a semester learning about animation artist recruitment and talent development?
- They will develop an understanding of the recruitment and talent outreach needs for a television animation studio on a daily basis.
- This includes gaining an understanding of the skills required for different artistic roles within the studio.
- They will have the opportunity to participate and be involved in internal and external animation industry events related to networking and professional development.
- Students will assist the Animation Talent Development Manager with a variety of tasks related to professional development of artists currently working at the studio.
- This includes assisting in updating and maintaining the announcement board, designing flyers, and assisting in planning professional development & networking events.
What do we need from you?
- MUST be a rising junior or senior currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university.
- Radio/TV/Film, Communications, Sound Production, or similar majors preferred.
- Applicants should have a strong academic record (3.0 minimum strongly preferred).
- Should be able to commit 15-20 hours weekly during normal business hours.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player and have a great attitude!
- Be able to multi-task in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Experience with FileMaker Pro is preferred.
- Summer 2019 Internship dates are June 5th – August 24th
- Interns are paid at minimum wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Course credit is optional, but not required.
- Recent grads and graduate students are not eligible for the internship program at Cartoon Network Studios.
- All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted into the program.
Turner and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS