WarnerMedia's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Sr. Specialist, Content ServicingLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 176244BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
WB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Warner Bros. Technical Operations Inc. seeks a Sr. Specialist, Content Servicing for the Content Technology & Ops-GCSS: Content Svcng- Americas, APAC & Global Partners department. The Content Servicing Senior Specialist supports rejection resolution and distribution of client deliverables (i.e. tapes, digital files, metadata and artwork). The role is responsible for servicing key/complex clients based on release schedules and ad-hoc requests. All client rejections are addressed via a centralized system or an ad hoc manner. The Senior Specialist utilizes various internal systems to enable automated mechanisms for delivery of metadata/artwork, video content and other assets in a packaged/consolidated manner. The role is responsible for reviewing, triaging, and routing client rejections to ensure they are responded to in a timely manner and processed/resolved through the various workstreams within WB Technology. Specializes in and exhibits expertise in servicing high end clients and resolving their rejections, understands new media formats and/or highly complicated delivery workflows. Contributes insight, experience, and continuous improvement suggestions as a vital part of the supply chain overseeing delivery of content distributed for use by downstream parties. Provides tracking and status updates on deliveries and rejection status. Maintain collaborative relationships and coordinate across Tech Ops, Servicing Vendors and business teams (Sales/Marketing), ultimately understanding the business' release strategy and top priority titles on a regular basis. Provides guidance and training for other staff as system Power User, Process Owner or subject matter expert. Participates in system training sessions, User Acceptance Testing processes and other test processes. The position requires an extremely high degree of speed and accuracy. Requires the ability to multi-task across several systems that are not integrated. Requires timely follow up and follow through to ensure delivery completion or rejection resolution to end client. Requires keen knowledge of content delivery best practices, packaging requirements for component based deliveries, and standard operating procedures.
- Review, triage, and route rejections being submitted by clients and ensure they are processed appropriately by using existing workflows to ensure timely resolution.
- Places orders with the appropriate vendors (internal and external) to expedite delivery of content. Orders must be accurate, timely and placed with urgency as determined by various business and internal parameters. This includes order maintenance to reflect any changes that are required.
- Researches the appropriate asset sources to be used (or were used) in content fulfillment and rejection activities.
- Participates in system update, UAT or new system rollouts as Power User, Process owner or subject matter expert. Provides training expertise and guidance to other staff in new or updated systems.
- Identifies areas for Servicing and Rejection process improvement with a focus on driving out non-value added activities.
- Participates in cross-functional initiatives or other related programs to provide subject matter input, knowledge and advice.
- Properly escalates issues that require an elevated or accelerated review by management.
- College degree or a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- 3-5 years work experience related to content delivery and supply chain logistics (internet, PC, set top box, mobile, EST/VOD, broadcast, etc.).
- Knowledge of/familiarity with:
- Video compression technology, applications, and codecs.
- Framerates, video bitrates, audio specs.
- Digital delivery mechanisms.
- Subtitles and closed captioning formats.
- Metadata/Artwork requirements, specifications and characteristics.
- Media formats (UHD, VR, AR, etc).
- Complex packaging methods (MMC, MEC, XML).
- Knowledge and experience with Zendesk.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, as well as with clients/vendors (in person, telephone, written).
- Must be able to work collaboratively and exhibit a high degree of teamwork despite tight timeframes and a high pressure environment.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have good PC skills – including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Must be able to work efficiently under time constraints.
- Must be adaptable, agile and flexible in a fast paced changing environment.
- Must be able to juggle and multi-task.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate strong organization skills with close attention to detail.
- Must be a self starter.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, if and when necessary.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS