WarnerMedia's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Sr Software Engineer, CP ReportingLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 174304BR Apply Now
Warner Bros. Technology (WBT) seeks a Sr. Software Engineer for the Business Technology and Workplace Solutions – Consumer Products group. This role will serve as Product Owner and developer for key Consumer Products planning and business performance reporting applications. The role will be responsible for data modeling, query development, publishing data sets for reporting (e.g., to Tableau), report and dashboard development, some reporting architecture and definition of new features to support business growth. This role performs sprint planning, development, testing and some operations oversight. This position is suited to an individual who has solid data base, SQL skills, and business reporting skills who wants to remain hands-on while developing a broader business perspective, collaborating with business and architecture teams, and taking broad responsibility
- Develop core functionality and components for applications, in support of Consumer Products Finance users, particularly with respect to reporting and interfaces. Determine best technology approach for implementation. Adopt and enforce best practice standards for development and deployment of code and applications, working collaboratively with WBT application managed services partners and WBCP stakeholders.
- Ensure clear/straightforward design, particularly with respect to the business unit data model, queries and views. Identify code/functionality that can be reused, package and publish it for appropriate reuse within the team and by the business unit. Work with the WBT Data Intelligence team to effectively leverage enterprise data warehouse and reporting platforms to support current and future needs
- Understand business requirements, define functional/technical approach and development estimates. Develop sprint and release plans, confirming scope with solution architecture (WBCP Change Review Board). Manage execution against the release plan to launch and enhance applications, working collaboratively with application managed services partners and WB Consumer Products (WBCP) Reporting Center of Excellence (CoE).
- Review emerging technologies/software features of enterprise data and reporting platforms and evaluate potential uses for WBCP. Develop prototype projects using new technologies to prove out capabilities. Recommend action, develop and lead implementation of selected products/services.
- Work with internal and external developers to ensure WB Technology code standards and best practices are adopted for development, documentation and operation of applications.
- Bachelors, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 2-5 years of data modeling, data base definition and SQL stored procedure development.
- 1-2 years of application development experience on modern data warehouse platforms.
- 2-3 years of experience with Tableau (developing & publishing data sets, developing reports, dashboards and shared reporting packages, security model/administration).
- 2-5 years working with financial systems, particularly business performance reporting (plan vs actual).
- Prior experience as a technical consultant with a solid data warehousing/ business intelligence background.
- Specialization in architecting enterprise solutions with visualization and data discovery tools.
- Tableau report requirements analysis and development.
- End-to-end Tableau architecture experience (e.g., security, integrating data sets) at enterprise clients.
- Designing scalable data architectures, solution performance tuning and sizing.
- Data modeling, data base definition, data analysis and complex stored procedure development, including SQL, structured programming and certification in leading tools (Tableau , Business Objects etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of databases such as Snowflakes, Redshift, Teradata, Oracles, SQL Server, MySQL
- Exposure to Excel Macro development, including VB.
- Experience with source code and knowledge repositories.
- Understanding of integration architectures, including REST APIs and batch interface best practices.
- Agile Development; Scrum Master training desirable.
- Familiarity with financial reporting required.
- Familiarity with accounting principles required.
- Familiarity with sales contracting / accounts receivable functions preferred.
- Overall knowledge of the entertainment industry business desirable.
- Must be a “self-starter” as well as able to work in a group project environment.
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others (clients, staff, management, vendors, etc.) both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work well in a fast paced, heterogeneous environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, and a desire to learn and master new technologies a must.
- Experience managing client and vendor relationships is a plus.
- Exposure to working with off-shore teams, estimating work, and managing Product releases is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel.
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
- Must be service-oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS