Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Sr. Financial Analyst, Participations Cash ManagementLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 173431BR Apply Now
We are currently seeking a Senior Analyst with a curious mind and a passion for process improvement, as well as an interest in cash forecasting, to join the Financial Contract Reporting & Administration department (FCRA). This role will provide you with an opportunity to join a team that is committed to ongoing process improvement, as well as an opportunity to learn about various aspects of the entertainment industry.
The Senior Analyst, Participations Cash Management is responsible for assisting with the participations cash budget, as well as reviewing participations statements; assisting in the cash forecasting process, and ensuring the timely preparation of participations monthly and yearly cash forecasts; and reviewing and understanding contractual agreements, ensuring that all financial obligations are met. Additionally, this position will be responsible for brainstorming/implementing process improvement ideas, documenting changes to business processes, and ad-hoc special projects.
- Forecasting monthly/yearly/quarterly participation budget and forecast using constantly evolving methodologies.
- Leveraging the Participations reporting system to perform detailed participations cash flow modeling for film & television product, utilizing known contractual reporting obligations, latest internal projections, various reports, and specialized media knowledge, i.e. windowing and release patterns, distribution cost trends, etc.
- Conducting variance analysis of actual participations payments against budget/forecast.
- Identifying and implementing potential improvements in cash forecasting and other business processes, including reporting to achieve greater accuracy and efficiency while communicating any obstacles, challenges, enablers and successes.
- Preparing/reviewing participation statements to ensure financial integrity and contractual compliance.
- Assisting in special projects, process documentation, and ad-hoc analysis/research as necessary, including buyout analysis and participant and/or auditor queries.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience in participations, cash management/forecasting, process improvement, or related field..
- Entertainment industry, financial accounting, cash flow experience, financial reporting for media and entertainment strongly preferred.
- Experience interacting with management across multiple organizational areasand conducting presentations to various staff levels, leading meetings & trainings, etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with system implementations and testing preferred.
- Experience in a large corporate environment preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Effective time management skills to handle multiple and changing priorities; ability to thrive in an environment that demands constant process changes
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience with other analytics tools, such as Tableau. Experience with cloud based collaboration tools (e.g. MS Teams, Slack, Google Apps, JIRA), and familiarity with Agile methodology a plus
- Aptitude to quickly learn new technologies and processes.
- Telecommute once per week after you’ve been with the company for six-month.
- Warner Bros. offers a generous benefits package and 401K plan
- Wear casual dress Monday – Friday “Dress for the Day”
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS