Sr. Financial Analyst, Enterprise Financial ServicesLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 174153BR Apply Now
Enterprise Financial Services (EFS) is Warner Bros.’ global shared services accounting function. EFS serves to provide efficient and scalable global finance and accounting services to the Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies.
We are currently looking for a confident, flexible, and proactive team player to join our Global Theatrical Distribution Accounting team. This Senior Financial Analyst reports to the Senior Manager, EFS, and plays a key role in the day-to-day general accounting activities and processes, preparation of variance explanations and deliverables, as well as presentations to executives.
- Performing variance analysis on results comparing actual theatrical operating performance to forecast / ultimate. This analysis is presented during the monthly review meetings with business unit finance, sales, and marketing executives. Quarterly theatrical cause of change packages (prepared based on this variance analysis).
- Leading meetings with business unit, territory finance teams, and business process outsourcing (BPO) team, both during and after close to review and understand theatrical performance.
- Preparing and reviewing trial balances of multiple legal entities on a quarterly basis and explaining significant / irregular balances. This analysis is presented during the quarterly meeting with EFS executives.
- Analyzing and approving actual results for the quarter / month / year end closing process.
- Managing and guiding offshore BPO teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of GL activity.
- Identifying, recommending and implementing global theatrical process improvements to drive efficiencies in the organization.
- Foreign currency exchange rate gain / loss analysis.
- Intercompany cash settlement proposals and cash management for Canadian affiliates.
- Researching US GAAP as it relates to significant matters and providing accounting guidance to ensure proper compliance.
- Reviewing account reconciliations prepared by BPO team and ensuring resolution of aged items.
- Assisting with Sarbanes-Oxley cycle documentation, auditing testing, identifying areas of control risk and design, and recommend mitigating control procedures.
- Working closely with internal TW auditors and external E&Y auditors as needed.
- Completing ad-hoc projects and analysis as determined by internal management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 3-5 years of experience working in accounting or related financial area. Preference “Big 4” accounting experience preferred. CPA or MBA preferred.
- Proficient in Windows, Excel, and Word, and knowledge of SAP
- Embrace and thrive during change.
- Ability to coach others and deliver feedback.
- Manage intermediate-level processes and projects with minimal input from others.
- Manage multiple deliverables under tight deadlines.
- Communicate effectively and tactfully with internal and external persons at all levels.
- Domestic & international travel as needed.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS