CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Sr. Dir., Editorial Strategy, HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 173823BR Apply Now
The Senior Director, Editorial Strategy will be responsible for developing and implementing the editorial strategy and vision for the HBO Max platform and ensure clear communication of the strategy across Warner Media Entertainment. In this role, you will oversee a team of Editorial Strategists that will deliver and execute a highly engaging experience for consumers that combines WarnerMedia brands into one HBO Max voice, delighting users through engagement and discovery. You will collaborate closely across Content, Programming, Marketing, Publishing and other teams to develop strategies that increase user engagement and increase customer lifecycle value. You will also work closely with the Publishing team to ensure content is delivered accurately and on time.
- Contribute and drive the editorial vision and strategy for the product that pushes forward growth and engagement.
- Editorial responsibilities of HBO Max include planning and prioritization, copy and imagery for originals, liaison with sub-brands and ensuring Editorial Calendar deadlines.
- Ensure editorial content aligns with the HBO Max product, brand and content strategies and partner closely with teams across the organization including Brand Marketing, Originals Marketing, Content, etc.
- Collaborate and implement on the longer-term editorial and planning strategies given feature rollouts, industry standards and changes, and product improvements.
- Effectively lead editorial team and partner with publishing counterparts to ensure schedules are delivered on time and to specification.
- Manage and articulate how our efforts ladder into the overarching HBOMax goals.
- Accountable for guiding Editorial externally, interfacing with Brand, Content, Publishing, Legal, and additional teams as needed.
- Utilize data-driven decision making for continuous editorial improvements.
- Develop and analyze new strategies to increase content consumption and drive interest.
- Craft a deep understanding of HBO Max's users to inform audience-first, data-driven segmentation strategies that drive KPIs including increasing streaming hours and CLV.
- Responsible for driving the development of KPIs, evaluation and recommendations, as well as partnering with data analytics team to understand how our audience engages with content, their behaviors including user/audience perceptions, motivations, and usability testing.
- Prepare executive updates and recommendations using insights to sell through new engagement opportunities based on content consumption patterns, etc.
- Work within Growth Marketing to develop strategies that increase user engagement and its impact to product and feature upgrades that drive user loyalty, increasing the CLV.
- 10+ years of experience in digital editorial products specific to user engagement and streaming or related experience at an entertainment media company.
- 5-7 years of experience managing and leading cross-organizational creative teams.
- Prior experience and success in setting strategic context and helping develop creatives.
- Extensive experience in content editorial, preferably in streaming, across all devices and operating systems. Knowledge of competitive landscape including SVOD and OTT services as well as deep knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) and Editorial.
- Detail oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing tasks, able to delegate appropriate responsibilities to editors and managers.
- Developed creative taste and strong instinct for stories and experiences that will capture consumers.
- Actively engaged in strategic conversations with social insights and community perspectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and accountable with executive-level presence.
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities; candidate must be able to create their own direction yet balance cross functional teams' needs, reacting quickly, dynamically, and intelligently.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS