Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Senior Financial Analyst - TurnerLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 175782BR Apply Now
Business Unit Overview
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Senior Financial Analyst position exists to prepare, and present accurate timely and relevant financial reporting for HBO Max, TNT, TBS, truTV Programming Originals. With a clear understanding of the industry, this position acts as a business knowledgeable advisor by preparing and reviewing forecasts, budgets and financial/business analyses that demonstrate the underlying key business drivers and the ultimate impact on the business unit. The position requires a highly motivated individual that can interact well with co-workers and senior management. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Finance.
- Prepare and communicate monthly financial forecasts and monthly variance reports related to the forecast.
- Participate in annual Budget and long-range financial planning process.
- Interact with Operation Executives
- Work directly with the Accounting group during month end close and P&L review process by providing key variance drivers.
- Act as the liaison between Accounting and Finance on a day to day basis.
- Provide day to day support and prepare ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Work directly with Production Finance to ensure accuracy of production costs.
- Prepare and review participation reporting to/from Third parties.
- Proactively identify, develop, and implement enhancements to existing management reporting and business processes.
- 6 plus years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
- Television industry experience preferred
- Strong Analytics budgeting, forecasting and modeling.
- Advanced skills and experience with Excel and other Office software.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial concepts and practices.
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to prioritize and efficiently handle multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
- High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation.
- Self-starter and work with limited direction and taking full ownership of areas of responsibility.
- Detail-oriented and unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo.
- Peoplesoft and Hyperion experience a plus
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS