Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Senior CounselLocation Burbank, United States Job ID 161108BR Apply Now
TBS, Inc. is an American Media conglomerate and division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! For more information, please visit: http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
The Turner Legal Department in Burbank, CA, is looking for a highly experienced television production attorney to handle development and production of original programs (scripted and unscripted) for the TNT and TBS entertainment platforms
What will you be doing?
- Responsibilities include drafting and negotiating a high volume and large variety of development, rights, talent and production agreements; managing and directly handling all production legal work for in-house Turner programs; advising on deal structures and chain-of-title; and drafting and negotiating terms governing digital rights and new media, co-productions and production services, international distribution, ancillary exploitation, participations, tax credits and guild issues
- Position may also include occasional travel to production locations
- Candidate must have a combined minimum of eight years of actual, relevant, hands-on experience in an attorney position at one or more reputable law firms, networks, studios and/or media companies handling legal work for original television series or comparable experience in entertainment or intellectual property law
- Position also requires excellent academic credentials and references, superior ability to analyze complex business and legal issues, exceptional judgment, outstanding inter-personal skills, a teamwork-oriented attitude, strong initiative, and proven ability to effectively juggle competing priorities
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure with keen attention to detail and excellent organizational skills and possess the ability to interact effectively with other attorneys and staff, diverse in-house client groups, senior executives, opposing counsel and outside production personnel
- Great emphasis on analytical, drafting and strategic negotiating skills
- JD degree and admission to state bar required
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS