Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Senior Counsel, HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 170487BR Apply Now
We won’t chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn’t exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
This Senior Counsel will perform high level legal work to support development, licensing and production of original programming on TNT, TBS and the soon-to-launch HBO Max Streaming Service.
- Drafting and negotiating a high volume and large variety of development, rights, talent and production contracts, including co-production, licensing, production services, first look, talent and overall/term agreements.
- Advising on deal structures, underlying rights, digital rights and chain-of-title.
- Coordinating with other legal and business departments on matters related to tax credits, MAGR definitions, backend participations claims/litigation and risk management.
- Candidate must have a combined minimum of eight years of relevant experience in an attorney position handling legal work for original television series at one or more networks, studios, media companies and/or law firm entertainment departments.
- Excellent academic credentials and references.
- Superior drafting, negotiating and analytical ability.
- Strong project management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Outstanding initiative, strategic thinking and decision-making ability.
- A capacity to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive experience in what will be his/her primary areas of responsibility, including the drafting and negotiating of complex agreements in the categories set forth in the "job duties" section above.
- Demonstrated strength in handling option/purchase and other agreements related to underlying rights is a significant plus.
- College Graduate and J.D./Law degree Preferred Education, Training, Licensing, or Certification: Admitted to State Bar.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS