Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Network Security ArchitectLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 171065BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Tech at Turner
45 years we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet,TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
You will architect and design complex, multinational network security infrastructures in collaboration with infrastructure engineers. You must be able to work closely with other architects, engineers, and vendors to design secure, highly available production environments. A highly disciplined and methodical approach to all tasks is essential to the position. Creative security solutions to traditional problems are not only encouraged, but they are required of the position. You should possess a broad level of experience with technical engineering and design. We work in very dynamic environment. That requires you to adapt quickly to technology changes and provide quick detailed solutions
- Assume responsibility for the cybersecurity architecture for LAN/WAN Infrastructure
- Document current state, perform gap analysis and create target state for enterprise wide network security
- Design and lead the network security architecture domain by aligning business requirements and IT strategies, detecting critical deficiencies, and recommending technical solutions for continuous improvement
- Oversee and facilitate the evaluation, selection and design of network security technology complying with industry best practices
- Work with information security leadership and cross-functional teams to develop strategies and plans to enforce security requirements and address identified risk
- Involved in planning the delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members
- Work with current and emerging technologies
- 10+ years of experience in designing and implementing enterprise wide technical solutions for network security, including but not limited to firewall, proxy services, VPN/remote access, load balancers, VOIP, RSA and intrusion detection/ prevention
- Experience with various netflow and protocol collection and analysis tools such as SNORT, Suricata, Bro, tcpdump and WireShark
- Work with some COTS network based IDS/IPS or host based IDS/IPS tools such as Cisco SourceFire or HP Tipping Point
- Working knowledge of various log aggregation tools/SIEM tools such as qRadar and Splunk
- Expert working knowledge of: Multi-vendor infrastructure platforms including Cisco FWSM, Nexus, Palo Alto Networks, and WAN accelerators
- Expert working knowledge of LAN switching internetworking to include VLANs, spanning tree, trunking, port aggregation, and segmentation as well as TCP/IP protocol stack
- Understanding of load balancing and application delivery controller strategies/ techniques
- Expertise in application switching / traffic management
- Knowledge of persistence and SSL certificates
- Experience with implementation and support of MPLS
- Cisco technical certifications such as but not limited to CCNP, CCIE Datacenter or Routing/Switching
- Self-motivated and capable of working effectively without supervision
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Detail oriented
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- 2018 Best Company forDads
- Anin-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS