Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Music CoordinatorLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 175846BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) develops and oversees the entire portfolio of Warner Bros.’ television businesses, including worldwide production, traditional and digital distribution and broadcasting. Warner Bros’ content is distributed around the world by Warner Bros. Television’s Domestic and International Distribution groups.
Warner Bros. Television seeks a Music Coordinator for the TV Music department.
Position coordinates both creative and administrative duties associated with music searches, on and off-camera performances, and script review for Warner Bros. TV & Warner Horizon TV productions; works with music vendors and other outside music resources; maintains production contacts and schedules; updates and organizes digital archives, databases, and online resources; oversees A/V equipment and use; provides essential support fielding phones, scheduling meetings, maintaining department calendars, distribute mail, create reports, and manage project related expenses.
- Drawing upon knowledge of current music trends, assists in making requests to music licensors to gather music submissions for specific searches, organize for review, and prepare pitches as requested for distribution to the shows.
- Reads and reviews scripts and revisions noting music uses, logging and reporting any cues, on camera performance or changes.
- Imports/digitizes and keeps records of all outgoing/incoming music, maintaining the Music Archive with acquired promotional product from record labels and music publishers, or by purchasing music at retail outlets, including acquisition of original work-for-hire assets.
- Assists with providing resources for; and obtaining schedules, assets and materials, and other pertinent details as needed from; music supervisors, music editors, composers, production and post departments of every show.
- Tracks and maintains cast and crew lists, production and post schedules electronically, to ensure they are all up-to-date as changes are made throughout the season.
- Organizes and maintains various departmental files, logs, network databases and filing systems.
- Answers telephones, screens, logs, and places calls, maintaining and updating industry contacts for the department.
- Assists with preparation of presentation and demo materials utilizing current industry software, techniques, and resources.
- Assists with contacting, and maintaining the database of potential musicians for sideline and recording sessions, collecting photos, pertinent information and availability.
- Creates links, CDs and labels, as well as A/V duplication for all formats, and coordinate delivery to shows and other departments as needed.
- Researches all music related requests, including commercial/library music,
- artist/composer information, and musical genre inquiries.
- Completes monthly expense reports for music and CD purchases.
- Maintains general office appearance, meeting and appointment coordination and daily operational routines, and procure supplies as needed.
- Performs other related administrative, and music clearance and licensing duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have music Industry background and have working knowledge of basic music synchronization clearance and licensing procedures, and music genres/styles.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks in a high traffic environment.
- Must be able to prepare and maintain logs, reports, and charts.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail, follow through, and be a self starter.
- Must be able to work under constant deadlines and be flexible with hours.
- Must have ability to perform research as required and handle confidential information.
- Knowledge of databases, specifically Filemaker Pro.
- Knowledge of new media and digital file delivery systems (incl. FTP, Box, iCloud, etc.)
- Knowledge of Pro Tools, Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Main Stage, iTunes, Garage Band, iMovie, Photoshop, and other multimedia applications.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS