Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Manager, SalesLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 173516BR Apply Now
DC Entertainment seeks a Manager, Sales for the Sales department. This position is responsible for managing book channel sales and promotions and implementing sales plans in the U.S. and internationally, including library accounts. The Manager, Sales plays a key role in growing DC’s presence with international booksellers.
- Lead day-to-day communication with Penguin Random House Publishing Services for book channel accounts and oversee account-specific sales plan executions, including premium placement of priority titles and sell-in of new publishing initiatives, selling of exclusive skus or editions, establishing sales promotions, and in-store activities. Ensure the execution of trade marketing-related events for book and library accounts that help promote the sell-thru of priority titles, such as book signings and promotional GWPs.
- Lead communication with internal DC departments and external WB and distribution partners to maximize revenue with sales promotions, coop spend, and other trade support for book channel and related initiatives. Liaise with Editorial teams to understand publishing events and communicate key selling points. Ensure key timelines for distributing titles through PRHPS are communicated to key internal stakeholders and lead the process for ensuring Title Information sheets and other key metadata is updated into their systems.
- Attend account sales meetings and trade shows/conventions as necessary to communicate priority titles and new publishing initiatives. Create presentations for each and present account-specific sales plans, priority titles and placement analysis for sales conferences and individual account meetings. Identify new opportunities internationally and create sales programs meant to generate new readers and get placement on shelves at retail.
- Update and present weekly sales tracking for results in key accounts worldwide, including key title performance and post-mortem analyses on key sales promotions and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent education required.
- MBA or MFA a plus.
- Minimum 4 years experience in sales or brand marketing.
- Comics familiarity required.
- Experience at a publishing company preferred.
- Experience working in data analysis and/or market research a plus.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15% of the time).
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS