Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Manager, SalesLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 173470BR Apply Now
DC Entertainment seeks a Manager, Sales for the Sales department. This position is responsible for managing mass channel sales and promotions and implementing sales plans in the U.S. and Internationally. The Manager, Sales plays a key role in maximizing opportunities to partner with other WB and AT&T divisions on DC-related retail initiatives.
- Lead day-to-day communication with Penguin Random House Publishing Services for mass channel accounts and oversee account-specific sales plan executions for graphic novels, including premium placement of priority titles and sell-in of new publishing initiatives, selling of exclusive skus or editions, establishing sales promotions, and in-store activities. Work with key stakeholders at WB Consumer Products to ensure account-specific initiatives that support key DC media tie-ins are executed. Participate in sales meetings, trade shows and conventions as necessary to communicate priority titles and new publishing initiatives, creating presentations for each as necessary.
- Manage sales program execution for new content initiatives in mass channel accounts. Communicate updates about new initiatives to key external distributors and key internal stakeholders to ensure publishing and distribution timelines are met. Conduct ongoing post-mortem analyses to ensure key performance indicators are being met and to help guide decision-making around the build out of the mass channel.
- Imagine, pitch and create high value promotional opportunities with DC licensees and 3rd party brands through “customized solutions” packages that can include print/digital comics, video, advertising programs, and managed presence at events and retail. Negotiate major terms of sale and then work with Legal to execute contracts with each partner. Lead team meetings to ensure proper communication of new deals with Editorial, Design, Production and Marketing.
- Communicate with internal DC departments and external WB and distribution partners to maximize revenue with sales promotions, coop spend, and other trade support for mass channel and related initiatives. Liaise with Editorial teams to understand publishing events and communicate key selling points. Ensure key timelines for distributing titles through PRHPS and other external distributors are communicated to key internal stakeholders.
- Update and present weekly sales tracking for results in key accounts worldwide, including key title performance and post-mortem analyses on key sales promotions and initiatives. Track new Custom opportunities against budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent education required.
- MBA or MFA a plus.
- Minimum 4 years experience in sales, brand marketing or brand licensing.
- Comics familiarity required.
- Experience at a publishing company preferred.
- Experience working in data analysis and/or market research a plus.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Collaborative/relationship builder (works well with staff, peers, partners)
- Must have the ability to influence others, and drive for results in prioritized manner
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic work environment
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 15% of the time).
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS