Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Manager, Business Strategy & Planning - DC EntertainmentLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 171213BR Apply Now
DC Entertainment (DCE) is home to the iconic brands of DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash and more), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD. DCE drives the strategic integration of these brands throughout Warner Bros. Entertainment divisions, creating content and experiences with DC stories and characters across film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive entertainment. DCE is also the largest English language comic publisher in the world. Its publishing business generates thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year.
Business Unit Overview
DC Entertainment is currently seeking a Manager, Business Strategy & Planning for the Finance department. This individual will play a key strategic role in the organization and will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development and implementation of business strategies, operational changes and process improvement initiatives.
- Supporting DCE Executives to prioritize, develop and refresh key business strategies, such as Talent Strategy, Franchise Strategy, Young Reader Strategy, etc.
- Analyzing relevant data such as competitive information, industry trends, and historical performance to develop sound forecasts in support of plans.
- Developing business cases for strategic initiatives that include key assumptions, planned return on investment, risks and upside to plan, etc.
- Building and maintaining financial models to project the impact of strategic initiatives in support of the business case.
- Working with Sales to evaluate the financial impact of new partnership opportunities.
- Updating DCE’s overall business plan as required.
- Supporting DCE Executives to identify high priority strategies, relevant stakeholders and responsible parties.
- Analyze impact of strategic plan on current operating models and workflows.
- Supporting the development of future state operating models and implementation plans to align with strategic initiatives including documentation of process flows and preparation of project plans to execute changes.
- Identifying resources, including systems requirements needed to build and maintain the strategies.
- Maintaining project plans, milestone metrics and timelines to implement new processes.
- Maintaining reports used to update stakeholders and DCE Executives on progress and any risks identified.
- Supporting DCE Executives to identify opportunities for business process improvement.
- Analyzing current state processes to ensure alignment with DCE’s Strategic direction and identify areas for increased efficiencies.
- Developing business case, including financial impact of proposed process efficiencies.
- Supporting in the development of future state processes and plans to implement process change.
- Working with other WB departments on change proposals as necessary.
- Developing or improving financial projection models and processes (i.e., financial greenlight, by-title projections).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in consulting, strategic planning, modeling and/or business process improvement.
- Experience with process and workflow studies as well as a wide range of business issues.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling capabilities.
- Entertainment and/or publishing industry experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Visio.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written including presentation skills.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS