WarnerMedia's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Manager, AttestationLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 175151BR Apply Now
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Manager, Attestation for the Technology, Governance, Risk, Compliance and Readiness department. The Manager, Technology Attestation Program position is responsible for supporting the WB Technology organization which combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more. This individual will lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Attestations Program by collaborating with key stakeholders supporting the requirements of applicable laws and regulations, policy, and processes. This individual will liaise between stakeholders to execute attestations for all in-scope applications for each of the applicable policy and regulatory areas. This individual will monitor and report on the progress of each attestation campaign as well as progress of the overall attestations program. This individual will develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Attestation Program by collaborating with key stakeholders supporting the requirements of applicable laws and regulations, policy, and processes. Responsible for overseeing tool selection, design, implementation, and maintenance; collaborating with stakeholders on attestations; working with the communications group on a communications program; building strong relationships with clients; and proposing enhancements to tools and processes to the supervisor.
- Execute attestations for Accessibility, Application Inventory, Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Content Protection, Data Protection, Disaster Recovery (DR), Payment Card Industry (PCI), Privacy (e.g., EU General Data Protection Requirements (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and others), Records Management, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Security, and other areas, as identified. Responsible for working with stakeholders; execute and baseline attestations for all in-scope applications for each of the applicable laws and regulations, policy, and processes; ensuring attestations are completed according to schedule; documenting exceptions; and adhering to escalation processes.
- Monitor and report progress of attestation campaigns and the overall program. Responsible for tracking progress of attestation campaigns, producing dashboards/reports, and providing trend analysis and insights.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders by maintaining communication channels and being the primary contact throughout attestation campaigns.
- Undergraduate degree required; Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar preferred.
- CRISC, GRCP, CRM, CISA, CISSP, or similar preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in an IT support or client-facing role.
- Prior experience in IT Controls, IT Compliance, IT Audit, or IT Risk Management highly preferred.
- Prior experience within the entertainment industry highly preferred.
- Experience supporting an attestation, certification and accreditation, or similar process.
- Experience leveraging key regulatory requirements such as GDPR, CCPA, PCI, and SOX and industry standards such as CIS, ISO, and NIST.
- Experience directly working with technical and non-technical stakeholders, compiling data, identifying themes, developing dashboards, and proposing opportunities for improvement.
- Experience implementing or supporting a tool for the development, monitoring and tracking, and reporting of multiple attestation campaigns across multiple key policy and regulatory areas.
- Solid understanding of the current policy and regulatory frameworks.
- Awareness and understanding of technical and non-technical controls as required by policy or regulatory frameworks.
- Solid understanding of key security principles such as “need-to-know” and “least privileges”.
- Demonstrated project management and task prioritization abilities.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent client service and communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns and competing priorities, in parallel, in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of security and technology topics such as access control, application security, audit logging, boundary protection, business continuity and disaster recovery, encryption, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention, malware detection and protection, multi-factor authentication (MFA), network segmentation, remote access, Single Sign-On, virtual private networking (VPN), and vulnerability management.
- Knowledge of security and technology controls related to regulatory areas (e.g., GDPR, CCPA, PCI, and SOX) and industry practices (e.g., CIS, ISO, and NIST).
- Knowledge of the software development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of cloud computing architecture (e.g., SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS) and cloud-based solutions (e.g., AWS and MS Azure).
- Strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent skills with O365, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, Word, and Visio.
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS