Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Lead, Deal ManagementLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 172283BR Apply Now
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Deal Management Lead for the Financial Contract Reporting & Administration - Participations department.
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize complex financial reporting provisions of talent, production, and distribution agreements related to video game, home entertainment, television, and theatrical product.
- Review agreement summaries prepared by other team members and provide feedback and training as necessary.
- Liaise with business affairs, legal, and other key stakeholders to ensure financial reporting is in compliance with contractual intent and applicable laws.
- Coordinate and communicate with various business units and groups within WB to identify and track both new product and revisions to existing financial agreements for library product. Maintain status and workflow reports to ensure agreements and revisions are administered in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Setup and maintain deals in WB systems to support profit participation reporting. Review deal setups prepared by others.
- Perform and/or supervise special projects, analysis and research (e.g. participant and auditor queries, etc.), including analyzing agreements, court documents, and financial statements.
- Identify efficiencies in various procedures and make recommendations to management on methods for improvement while communicating any obstacles and challenges.
- Assist in the implementation of appropriate internal controls (including SOX requirements).
- Develop and train staff, schedule work flow, and monitor team assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or finance related field.
- 4+ years' experience in participations or a related field.
- Entertainment industry experience.
- Extensive experience reading and interpreting legal agreements (experience with entertainment industry agreements strongly preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong competency with Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word.
- Outstanding time management skills to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- High attention to detail.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS