WarnerMedia's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Information Security OfficerLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 174365BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at WarnerMedia, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports- which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Business Information Security Officer (BISO) will support discreet businesses and technology organizations helping them improve their information security posture.
The role must also act as an evangelist of the company's information security policies, best practices, and compliance obligations and will assist with performing risk and compliance assessments and serving as a liaison between the business and WarnerMedia's information security teams.
- The BISO will also coordinate general risk/gap assessments and policy exceptions with the Security Policy and Compliance team and major roadmap activities with the Security Program Management team.
- Proactively identify information security risks, opportunities and recommend pragmatic solutions and serve as an escalation path for information security issues, incidents and inquiries implementation within the business units.
- Partner with the WarnerMedia information security teams (security architecture, security monitoring, vulnerability management, etc.) and the program management office to facilitate the implementation of security controls within the business units.
- Work with business and technology organizations to remediate open audit and assessment findings.
- Evangelize WarnerMedia's information security policies and standards across the domestic business units.
- Consult with Legal on data protection matters as they pertain to information security and advise the business on information security controls related to data protection regulations (GDPR/CCPA/PCI).
- Facilitate third party vendor assessments and support information security and compliance assessments.
- 3-5+ years of experience in computing and information security, including experience with internet technology and security issues .
- Superb relationship builder with the ability to work across business units within a global organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal collaborative skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks on a daily basis.
- Intelligent, articulate, consensus-building and persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the WM CSO team and communicate information security and risk concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proactive and responsive work style, highly organized, and ability to reliably meet deadlines.
- Critical thinking skills with an inquisitive and questioning nature; ability to think big picture; a "systems thinker."
- Ability to operate as both a detailed contributor as well as manage relationships with senior leaders throughout the organization.
- Solid comprehension of security best practices and compliance frameworks and regulations (ISO27001, ISO27002, Privacy Shield, SOX, GDPR, PCI DSS)
- Information security experience within the media industry is strongly preferred.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS