You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Info and Data Systems Intern - Spring 2020Location Burbank, California, United States Job ID 173957BR Apply Now
Burbank Television Enterprises LLC seeks a Info & Data Systems Intern for the Spring 2020 term (late January - early April) for Global Insights & Analytics' Finance, Systems, Projects department. Under supervision, Intern will gain practical work experience and knowledge, while supporting the various teams within Warner Bros. Global Insights & Analytics on daily operations, as well as various info and data systems initiatives that advance our efforts, as well as the efforts of the company globally. This intern may:
- Act as a first-responder to an array of info and data systems issues, evaluate and coordinate an appropriate solution/response, and follow through to resolution as appropriate. (PCs, MACs, software, hardware, printers and peripherals, networking, wireless, audio/visual, etc.).
- Support the Consumer Insights/FanLab center, including daily operations, troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance. (PCs, MACs, server, software, hardware, printers and peripherals, networking, wireless, audio/visual, telecom, etc.).
- Support various data analytics and reporting initiatives (Tableau, MS Office, SQL, etc.)
- Keep abreast of emerging media technologies and trends, and report findings.
What do we require from you?
- Currently enrolled in and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in any computer science related discipline.
- Previous internships or comparable employment experience preferred.
- No previous work experience required.
- The preferred candidate will also demonstrate proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
- Windows and Macintosh O/S.
- Microsoft Office 365 office productivity software (especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Consumer-grade multimedia entertainment options (cable/satellite, mobile media devices, IPTV, MMO, HDCP).
- Networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DMZ, VPN).
- Application programming, database, and reporting environments (VBA, .NET, SQL Server, Tableau).
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, including the ability to champion a project and coordinate resources from start to finish with strict attention to detail.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- A strong interest in digital media entertainment technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact well with a wide variety of professional staff from internal support staff to executive management, to external contractors and vendors.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a high-volume environment.
- Strong follow-up abilities with a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as, independently.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must possess a professional mannerism.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS