Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Head of Growth and Revenue, HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 171304BR Apply Now
We won’t chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn’t exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our HBO Max team and show us your best.
The Head of, Growth and Revenue, HBO Max is responsible for managing customer growth, retention, and engagement, and, ultimately, revenue generation for HBO Max and related services. This leader will build and lead the group that manages the entire customer lifecycle for SVOD and AVOD services, from customer acquisition marketing and content related programs, retention measurement and management, and customer engagement.
This role also includes building and managing all the data science capabilities, tools, and infrastructure required to drive sophisticated marketing that lowers customer acquisition costs (CAC) and increases customer lifetime value (LTV). This is a critical role at the very center of what will become one of the leading video services that will play an impactful role in the entertainment lives of many tens of millions of viewers in the U.S., and eventually more across the globe.
- Manage and forecast predictable revenue for our VOD services, and establish and manage key metrics and performance over time for customer acquisition, retention, and engagement
- Oversee all programs and operations that directly target growth and revenue achievement
- Drive strategic initiatives across the customer base to increase market penetration; successfully positioning the business in targeted audiences through effective growth, product and marketing campaigns
- Responsible for managing and minimizing CAC aggressively via ownership of all marketing programs intended to manage CAC and subscriber growth
- Manage fluid, data-driven evolution of the media mix in near real time, with creative use of all social platforms to drive meaningful yield from organic engagement in addition to paid
- Direct creative capabilities to power that social engagement with a consistent voice to the customer that earns and achieves organic traction
- Establish customer retention measures and goals and drive a comprehensive set of programs to improve LTV over time, including multi-channel communications to drive social engagement, optimization of in-product touch points, and development of data-driven methods to proactively identify and engage at-risk subscribers
- Manage, design and build all data science and analytical capabilities, tools, and infrastructure to power all the above
- Establish a single source of truth for the business, power real time marketing across social and within the product, and produce a regular stream of insights that power our ability to grow and improve the business
- With the product and operations teams, drive effective buy-flow optimization and own all creative aspects of that process
- With the strategy and BD team, employ creative bundling approaches to maximize the return on company-wide capabilities as well as third party partnerships
- Continue to validate product market fit, developing and executing growth strategies with the executive team that can scale across multiple products and bundled scenarios
- Foster an inclusive environment to mentor and grow a high performance, diverse Growth team, focused on building and delivering results
- Growth expertise
- Demonstrated success and excellence while holding direct responsibility for leading growth efforts for subscription-based media businesses at meaningful scale during periods of significant growth
- Media management
- Proven ability to directly manage a sophisticated media operation with feedback loops allowing adjustments in near real time to maximize yields and minimize costs
- Data/Analytics/MarTech experience
- Experience working with and managing data science initiatives and marketing technology deployments
- Ability to manage complexity
- Direct experience managing teams with multiple, diverse functions at meaningful size (100+ employees)
- Lead via influence as well as direct authority
- Experience working in complex business environments where successfully leading via influence across a broad organizational chart was critical to success
- Developer of talent
- Proven ability to recognize, hire, and develop diverse talent to create high performance teams
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS