WarnerMedia's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Director, Pricing & Forecasting ScienceLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 176317BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
WB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Director, Pricing & Forecasting Science for the Digital Product, Platform & Strategy: Data Intelligence Operations department. We are looking for a talented data scientist to lead time series, forecasting, and pricing data science across our digital data. This individual will conduct analyses, build models, and synthesize results across various data sources to be shared with internal and external stakeholders across all levels, with the goal of improving how we create, market, and distribute our content at WB. This individual will also utilize their background in working with stakeholders at all levels to distill complex results in a clear and succinct manner.
- Explore, analyze and model internal customer data.
- Build relationships and collaborate with stakeholders and business units across WB.
- Build out and prioritize analytics roadmap for specific Bus.
- Identify areas of opportunity for new analyses and to conduct tests to improve business at WB.
- Prepare and present results of analyses to senior leadership.
- Best practice sharing and thought leadership.
- B.A./B.S. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Political Science, or similar quantitative field.
- Quantitative oriented Masters Degree or Ph.D preferred.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in analytics and data science.
- 10+ years of experience with conducting analysis and developing forecasting models in R, Python, SAS, or similar analytical languages.
- 7+ years of experience with time series algorithms such as ARIMA or VAR.
- Experience translating business problems into analytics approaches that generate actionable recommendations.
- Experience in distilling complicated requirements from stakeholders into clear and concise data science requirements.
- Experience working with pricing data.
- Significant experience working with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience in management consulting is a plus.
- Experience working with digital store data is a plus.
- Experience with working in cloud based environments like AWS a plus.
- Expertise in statistical analysis approaches such as time series, cluster analysis, regression, structural equation modeling, etc.
- Experience in managing large numbers of stakeholders on complex projects with varying timelines and multiple deliverables.
- Expertise in synthesizing results of complex topics to share with non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of basic survey design and analysis.
- Demonstrable knowledge working with large user level datasets.
- Able to develop testing plans and frameworks for evaluating campaigns to generate a body of learning that can be applied across a portfolio of products.
- Strong history of identifying opportunities for conducting analyses to meet business needs and drive the business forward.
- Love of TV, Movies, Games, and Comics is a Plus!
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS