Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Director, EstimatingLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 168982BR Apply Now
We are currently seeking a Director, Estimating for the TV Estimating department.
- Creating pilot and series budgets for development projects.
- Forecasting and preparing budgets for future seasons of series currently in production as well as any related ad hoc analysis as directed.
- Supervising Production Accountants and Accounting Staffs on TV series and pilots in the preparation of budgets, cost reports and production cost variance reports.
- Working closely with Production Executives and Business Affairs to manage all financial aspects of TV series and pilots from pre-production to wrap.
- Keeping abreast on emerging production accounting software and industry technologies and trends and formulates proposals to incorporate and improve workflow efficiencies.
- Supervising post-production activities including the preparation of budgets, cost analysis, coding of bills, and final cost estimates.
- Approving journal entries and correcting distribution errors, supporting internal/external audit for TV series and pilots.
- Monitoring domestic and foreign tax credit reporting for tax shelter/labor credit purposes.
- Monitoring costs accumulated on outside job billings and development projects to ensure writer’s payments, costs billed and payments received.
- College preferred or extensive work experience as lead production accountant, 1st assistant and payroll experience also a plus.
- 5+ years as lead accountant preferably in episodic television (scripted dramas and comedy).
- Budgeting and cost reporting experience, distant location experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with all phases of television production sufficient to estimate costs.
- Knowledge of entertainment guild rules, accounting principles and procedures sufficient to review and ensure the accurate distribution of production costs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with production executives, finance management and all levels of personnel.
- Ability to prepare and present clear and accurate production budgets and production cost reports.
- Ability to supervise professional and clerical subordinates locally, and on distant locations.
- Dependable and able to work flexible hours and travel to locations if necessary.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS