CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Director, Data Science, HBO MaxLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 173961BR Apply Now
The Director, Data Science will oversee the day to day output of the data science team for WarnerMedia's streaming service. Using your expertise in advanced analytics and predictive modeling you will solve business challenges and enable our organization to make data driven decisions. You will be responsible for leveraging your domain knowledge in combination with math and statistical knowledge to conduct analyses, build models, and synthesize results across various data sources, the product of which will be shared with internal and external stakeholders across all levels, with the goal of improving how we create, market, and distribute our content, our service, and interact with our customers.
- Build and execute a plan to optimize the use and value of data to increase consumer engagement and better decision making across the organization.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their needs to ensure alignment on the development and delivery of scalable solutions.
- Become a trusted partner and provide guidance and recommendations how data can be leveraged to answer questions and solve problems.
- Work with the BI and engineering teams to implement the tools needed to support the empowerment of the organization with data.
- Build and lead a team of top data scientists ensuring the delivery of high impact data solutions.
- Deliver best in class models predicting user behaviors such as churn, and likelihood of engaging with new or existing content.
- Prepare and present results of analyses and insights that help drive the business to senior leadership.
- Develop predictive models, determine customer LTV, content valuation, and investment.
- Present models and methodology to senior management and socialize results and learnings within the organization to drive business decisions.
- Create models using internal customer data in combination with various external datasets (e.g. survey data) to drive marketing activity.
- Combine campaign information and large user-level datasets together to generate insights which inform advertising campaign and media strategies.
- Utilize large volumes of first party, second party, and third-party data to identify market opportunities.
- 10+ years’ experience in advanced analytics and data science roles, entertainment/media experience is preferred
- 3+ years’ experience leading a team
- PhD/MS in computer science, machine learning, statistics, applied mathematics, physics, or other scientific or computational disciplines
- Significant experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with the application of data science and advanced analytics techniques across structured and unstructured data
- Expertise in statistical analysis approaches such as time series, cluster analysis, regression, structural equation modeling, etc.
- Proven expertise applying data science techniques to solve business problems
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Proven ability building relationships and collaborate with stakeholders across large organizations
- Significant experience developing customer centric models to predict behaviors such as churn
- Significant experience developing content evaluation and performance prediction models
- Significant experience working with data from digital ad platforms, e.g. Facebook, Google Ads, etc.
- Experience with working in cloud-based environments like AWS
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS