Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Director, Creative AdvertisingLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 176135BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. Pictures Group (WBPG) produces, markets and distributes Warner Bros.’ slate of approximately 20 movies a year, including films from New Line Cinema. Our movies have generated industry-leading box office results and have won multiple Academy Awards in recent years. Warner Bros. Pictures is a global leader in the international marketing and distribution of feature films, operating in more than 30 countries and releasing films in more than 120 territories.
Warner Bros. Distributing Inc. seeks a Director, Creative Advertising for the Creative Advertising department. Position works closely with SVP to establish AV & Print strategy.
- Directs the creative development and implementation of Print marketing campaigns, film identity (logos & alphabets), poster banners in theater outdoor, digital content, etc. Some AV (digital, TV spots, radio spots, etc).
- Directs the creative development and implementation of AV marketing campaigns, to include all applicable in-theater trailers, online content, TV spots, radio spots, etc.
- Creates any outwards facing sizzle reels, special presentations and any other required content/materials exclusive or otherwise on as-need basis
- Relays the creative direction and production direction for each campaign to all relevant parties.
- Oversees timely creation and production of all necessary AV creative materials including trade shows, conventions and promotions.
- Oversees revisions and works with marketing services on the finishing and trafficking of all print creative materials – both domestic and international.
- Selects and secures appropriate materials from publicity (photography, written information, clips, interview, b-roll, etc.) for materials special presentations and any other required materials exclusive or otherwise.
- Liaison between filmmakers and their production/editorial staff and vendors regarding all creative advertising materials needed to produce campaigns.
- Attends upper management meetings such as Creative lunch, Planning, Strategy, etc.
- Represents and assumes the duties and responsibilities of SVP in his/her absence.
- Works with marketing services on the finishing and trafficking of all domestic and international creative materials and tracks and monitors the execution of materials to ensure creative integrity is maintained, as well as high quality and punctuality to deadlines.
- Based on SVP’s feedback determines AV materials for testing; subsequently reviews testing.
- Manages print breakouts, publicity magazine covers, poses/art for consumer products and digital touts.
- Manages the following: ORIGINAL digital requests (Snapchat, Instagram, testing materials, etc.), Trailer debut materials, TV 15s cutdowns.
- Organizes the marketing photoshoots (work with photoshoot producer, unit publicist and talent reps).
- Deals with talent publicists for likeness approval and any changes.
- Assists with copy and brainstorming stunt ideas.
- Works with Sponsorships on CCD materials.
- Give creative feedback/approvals on assets presented by other departments.
- Manages Print & AV for academy campaigns.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience in creative advertising at either a studio or creative agency with project management skills and knowledge of creative advertising and technical processes.
- Must be proficient in all major desktop publishing applications including:
- Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat.
- Microsoft office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent command of graphic design principles, practices, formats, typography, printing and layout.
- Understanding of conversion issues present when using applications across all platforms.
- Understanding of how to troubleshoot problem files.
- Possess a clear understanding of computer networks, both new and existing server technologies.
- Some knowledge of Final Cut Pro and Keynote a plus.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS