Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Director, Compliance InvestigationsLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 172204BR Apply Now
We are currently seeking a Director, Compliance Investigations for the Corporate Legal department. This individual will perform a broad range of activities in support of the Compliance Office at Warner Bros. As a member of the Compliance Office, you will help develop a culture of ethical and honest behavior.The role will support the VP, Chief Compliance Officer with conducting investigations in response to a range of concerns related to the Company’s Standards of Business Conduct and other policies, particularly as it pertains to financial fraud; using effective interviewing and documentation techniques; communicating regarding pending investigations and providing timely reports; developing recommendations based on investigation findings for appropriate remediation or other corrective action; helping to test policies and procedures; and helping develop proactive strategies, solutions, programs and policies.
- Planning testing by understanding organizational objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls and external regulations; help identify risk areas; prepare testing programs.
- Measuring progress and effectiveness of policies and programs through testing; prepare comprehensive analysis and reporting.
- On a project basis, assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance, evaluating manual and automated compliance processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Investigate possible violations of the Company’s Standards of Business Conduct or other Warner Bros. policies and provide appropriate reports summarizing the findings; coordinate with other investigative groups on cross-subject matter investigations.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required.
- Law enforcement or accounting background strongly preferred.
- Project management experience beneficial.
- Entertainment experience beneficial: TV, Features, Games, Home Entertainment, Theatrical; distribution and production.
- Minimum 10+ years cumulative experience conducting, managing, & leading investigations.
- Experience in financial accounting and controls.
- Technology savvy.
- Strong analytical skills; able to understand and problem solve for complex issues.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills; familiarity with web delivery tools.
- Resilient and proactive personality, capable of problem solving.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws that govern employment policies and practices.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Use of judgment in adapting broad guidelines to specific issues as they arise.
- Proficiency in data collection, analysis and evaluation.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS