Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Director, Business DevelopmentLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 172976BR Apply Now
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment seeks a Director, Business Development for the Business Development department. The Director, Business Development will support WB Games development studios in their business development initiatives, including product development deals, distribution deals, in-licensing of IP, technology alliances and e-sports initiatives. This position will work closely with the SVP of business development in creating an overall business development strategy and with studio leads in identifying and executing specific initiatives. This position regularly liaises with external partners, WB Game studios, central technology groups, legal and other divisions at WB.
WB Games has development studios throughout the world, developing both console and mobile products. The Director will be responsible for executing on a business development strategy to help ensure that the products are shipped on time and on budget. The Director will interact with a broad variety of companies in the video game ecosystem, and will be a key player in ‘selling’ the value of a partnership with WBIE. The video game industry is evolving quickly, and the Director would be responsible for establishing best practices as well as structuring innovative partnership models to ensure our growth in this quickly evolving environment.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience identifying partners in the video game industry as well as fluency in a broad variety of deal models used in the video game industry. The ideal candidate will also have experience in driving the deal process, starting from sourcing and evaluating opportunities, negotiating contracts and then providing partner support post-execution.
e Job Responsibilities
- Vet and perform due diligence on development partners to structure the most effective partnerships for WB Games products.
- Structure and negotiate product development deals with new partners.
- Research, evaluate, structure and negotiate publishing and co-publishing deals with external developers.
- Negotiate game engine and other tech licenses.
- Structure and negotiate outsourcing/consulting agreements.
- Evaluate business opportunities and negotiate deals to support esports initiatives.
- Evaluate and structure agreements for in-licensing of entertainment Intellectual Property for video game development.
- Maintain strong relationships with current and prospective publishing and development partners.
- Partner with WB Games studios, legal, central technology groups and other divisions at WB to support game development initiatives and ensure products are shipped on time and on budget.
What do we require from you?
- BA/BS required.
- MBA/JD preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Business Development, Partner Management.
- Corporate development.
- Experience building strategic frameworks for evaluating new business opportunities.
- Negotiating complex transactions.
- Experience working with video game console companies.
- Experience working with emerging technology platforms (such as streaming, mobile, AR/VR).
- Understanding of video game industry.
- Skill in building strategic frameworks for evaluating opportunities.
- Ability to both understand and articulate business needs with cross divisional departments such as marketing, game designers and technical teams.
- Ability to build internal consensus.
- Structure and negotiate contracts.
- Deep knowledge of console games business, competitive landscape and emerging trends.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to present to CEO-level audience.
- Strong attention to detail.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS