WarnerMedia's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Dev Ops EngineerLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 176102BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
WB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Dev Ops Engineer for the Digital Product, Platform & Strategy: App Infrastructure & Ops department. The Dev Ops Engineer is responsible for delivering web and application hosting services to various Warner Bros. divisions and leading the Web Hosting Operations team in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the mission-critical hosting infrastructure on IaaS and PaaS platforms.
- Support and maintain the operational components within Dev Ops including the following responsibilities:
- Provide and maintain support for web application environments, including application deployment, DNS, Nginx, Apache, and Tomcat configuration, load balancer configuration, troubleshooting, and failure analysis.
- Oversee and address escalated issues from first-level support team and lead group-troubleshooting sessions.
- Develop and maintain custom internal tools and scripts to automate the management of AWS and other cloud environments.
- Develop, maintain, review and approve documentation in accordance with group procedures.
- Recommend web hosting architectures and design web hosting solutions and serve as a subject-matter expert in topics related to web hosting architecture, such as server tuning, performance analysis, scaling, SSL, local and global load balancing, caching, and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and executing Dev Ops projects including the following responsibilities:
- Participate in prioritizing, coordinating, planning, executing, and closing projects and tasks to produce the required deliverables.
- Research product and technical data in order to recommend products, technologies, and processes for ongoing projects.
- BS Computer Science/Engineering (or equivalent experience)/
- Experience with support for high-availability services, particularly web servers is required.
- Three (3) years of experience in a web serving or systems administrator role in a diverse environment is required.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of Linux systems administration, including networking, security, performance tuning, and package management.
- Experience in the configuration and tuning of web applications built on technologies such as Nginx, Apache, Tomcat, SQL, and WordPress.
- Experience in the deployment and management of cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Azure), with Serverless/Lambda experience being a plus.
- Experience with orchestration, configuration management, and automation engines such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, and Rundeck.
- Moderate experience with scripting languages and related tooling (Shell, PHP, Python, pip).
- Experience building and maintaining code pipelines for CI/CD, using tools such as Git, Jenkins, Amazon CodePipeline, and TravisCI.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker is also a plus.
- Familiarity with SDLC processes, Agile software development practices, and working within cross-functional teams.
- Experience with media, production and post production digital media systems and services is preferred.
- Experience with on-line and mobile gaming systems is preferred.
- Must possess the ability to meet deadlines and manage personnel in an efficient manner.
- Must be able to effectively manage a number of tasks and priorities in parallel.
- Working knowledge of networks and data center standards and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone.
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
- Must be service-oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS