Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang deliver original, acquired and classic animated and live action entertainment. With digital and gaming businesses, in-house animation production facilities, and studios on both coasts, the division is both grassroots and cutting edge. The combination draws talented people to our doors and audiences to our channels. Check it.
Department Assistant, Current Series - Cartoon Network StudiosLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 168090BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
The Department Assistant will provide administrative and some creative support for four development executives and all development projects.
Home to beloved shows such as Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe, We Bare Bears, Clarence and more - is where the scheming, scribbling and real fun happens! We create original animated entertainment for Cartoon Network, the leading powerhouse in kid's entertainment.
- Core administrative support: answering emails, covering phones, scheduling meetings/conference rooms, IT liaise, tracking and organizing material submissions relative to supervising executive and team, file maintenance, expense reports and travel arrangements, mail, office supplies, manage and disseminate requests in a timely manner while keeping confidential materials secure.
- Coordinate, prepare and distribute materials relating to Current Series department and EIC.
- Read/cover writing samples and other creative materials as needed.
- Take notes and transcribe meetings.
- Track industry/competitive news in support of competitive reports and general updates.
- Conduct research on an as needed basis to support the current series process
- Provide on-hand support for special events, projects, and meetings as needed.
- 2+ years supporting a creative executive in the entertainment industry. –
- 4-year degree is preferred but not required.
- Self-starter with STRONG organizational skills and an eye for creative detail…or for that matter, attention to any detail!
- Ability to communicate effectively with personnel of all levels, and work with high-profile talent with ease and discretion.
- Comfortable working on both Windows and Mac.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Filemaker Pro, Photoshop and Keynote.
- Strong interest in animation and/or creative development...a BIG plus if you're as passionate about cartoons as we are!
- Strong analytic skills with great creative instincts and ability to anticipate needs and act proactively as necessary.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS