Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang deliver original, acquired and classic animated and live action entertainment. With digital and gaming businesses, in-house animation production facilities, and studios on both coasts, the division is both grassroots and cutting edge. The combination draws talented people to our doors and audiences to our channels. Check it.
Department Assistant - Cartoon Network StudiosLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 170032BR Apply Now
Cartoon Network Studios—home to beloved shows such as Adventure Time, The Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show, Steven Universe, We Bare Bears, Clarence and more—is where the scheming, scribbling and real fun happens! We create original animated entertainment for Cartoon Network, the leading powerhouse in kid’s entertainment.
The Department Assistant will provide administrative and some creative support for two busy Development Executives, as well as general support for the Original Series Department.
- Heavy administrative support: answering emails, covering phones, heavy scheduling, arranging meetings/conference rooms, IT liaise, file maintenance, expense reports and travel arrangements, mail, office supplies
- Arrange and track heavy volume of pitch meetings and assets
- Manage and disseminate requests in a timely manner while keeping confidential materials secure
- Read and cover writing samples and other creative materials as needed
- Prepare and distribute materials relating to the Original Series Department and Development Executives
- Conduct research on an as-needed basis to support the original series process, including tracking industry and competitive news in support of competitive reports and general updates
- Participate in weekly department meetings
- Provide on-hand support for special events, projects, and meetings as needed
- Work closely with Department Coordinator, Intern and other assistants
- 1+ years supporting a creative executive in the entertainment industry
- Agency or production experience is preferred but not required
- 4-year degree is preferred but not required
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Self-starter with STRONG organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with personnel across departments of all levels, and work with high-profile talent with ease and discretion
- Comfortable working on both Windows and Mac
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Filemaker Pro, Photoshop, Adobe suite, and Keynote
- Experience with Final Cut and Final Draft a bonus
- Strong interest in animation and/or creative development...a BIG plus if you're as passionate about cartoons as we are!
- Strong analytic skills with great creative instincts and ability to anticipate needs and act proactively as necessary.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS