Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Creative ExecutiveLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 176069BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. Pictures Group (WBPG) produces, markets and distributes Warner Bros.’ slate of approximately 20 movies a year, including films from New Line Cinema. Our movies have generated industry-leading box office results and have won multiple Academy Awards in recent years. Warner Bros. Pictures is a global leader in the international marketing and distribution of feature films, operating in more than 30 countries and releasing films in more than 120 territories.
Warner Bros. Pictures seeks a Creative Executive for the Creative Development department. This person will research and develop materials and talent for motion picture production.
- Attends and participates in creative meetings. Coordinates and follows up on resulting ideas and projects.
- Supervises development of material and projects to be made by Warner Bros. Generates notes documents for projects in all stages of production: development through post-production.
- Reviews and responds to creative script submissions.
- Acts as a liaison between the Senior Executives and the creative community.
- Maintains and complies lists of writers, directors and actors.
- Formulates ideas and locates and nurtures new talent.
- Attends screenings as a representative of the Vice Presidents Production and takes specific script notes.
- Participates in discussions involving film related areas, such as crew, casting, and music.
- Researches and coordinates various projects as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with the writers on current projects.
- Solicits, analyzes and evaluates material for development and production.
- Evaluates and meets with new writers, directors, producers, actors and production crews for use in Warner Bros. films.
- Track competitive development in the global marketplace.
- Responsible for supervising activities and staff members in job tasks.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, College degree preferred.
- Previous experience with International and Domestic film markets preferred (0-3 years).
- Sufficient knowledge/experience with film production in order to maintain proper control.
- Thorough knowledge (and experience) of theatrical film development and deal making, and the ability to make suggestions relating to merchandising and marketing.
- Must have thorough knowledge (and experience) of theatrical film development and deal making, and the ability to make suggestions relating to their merchandising/marketing.
- Must be able to locate, nurture and formulate ideas for new talent.
- Must be able to research and coordinate various projects.
- Knowledge of Foreign language, other than English, is preferred. Written, verbal and reading comprehension of English is required.
- Knowledge of, and business relationships with, US and European filmmakers, talent and agents.
- Knowledge of International and Domestic film markets.
- Knowledge of film marketing and methods in order to prepare analyses of current and prospective market trends.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with Warner Bros. executives and members of the creative community in person and on the telephone.
- Must be able to reason through issues, resolve problems and make recommendations.
- Must be able to review, analyze and respond to script submissions.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS