Simply, WarnerMedia is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Copyright ParalegalLocation Burbank, California, United States Job ID 176134BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br>Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Copyright Paralegal for the Intellectual Property department.
We are seeking a Copyright Paralegal to join the Copyright Administration Team of the Intellectual Property Group of Warner Bros.' Corporate Legal Department to assist with copyright registration and administration of copyright records for motion pictures, television programs, publications, sound recordings, musical compositions, artwork, computer programs and the recordation of documents.
- Register works for copyright and record documents of transfer with the US Copyrioht Office.
- Secure proper documents, information and deposit materials to procure the registration of a copyright and recorded document.
- Review agreements and contracts to confirm ownership and proper chain of title.
- Provide assistance and support to litigation, enforcement and trademark groups involving copyright related matters.
- Conduct research and prepare reports.
- Maintain and administer the Company's coovright files.
- Bachelor's degree and paralegal certification is preferred. Entertainment Industry experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years as a paralegal with copyright registration and administration experience is preferred.
- Experience reviewing production agreements and confirming chain of title.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize workload.
- Experience in handling a high volume of deadline-intensive work.
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with working effectively in a collaborative team-environment.
- Self-starter with an excellent work ethic and commitment to professionalism.
- Ability to recognize and eliminate inefficiencies and promote continuous improvement.
- Strong computer skills.
- Willingness to learn and use new research materials and practice tools.
- Experience with database and reporting systems.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS