PhotojournalistLocation China - Beijing Job ID 175391BR Apply Now
About CNN International<br><br><br>CNN’s portfolio of news and information services is available in seven different languages across all major TV, digital and mobile platforms reaching more than 450 million households around the globe. CNN International is the number one international TV news channel according to all major media surveys across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, the Asia Pacific region and Latin America and has a US presence. CNN Digital is a leading network for online news, mobile news and social media. CNN is at the forefront of digital innovation and continues to invest heavily in expanding its digital global footprint, with a suite of award-winning digital properties and a range of strategic content partnerships, commercialised through a strong data-driven understanding of audience behaviours. Over the years CNN has won multiple prestigious awards around the world for its journalism. In addition, around 1,000 hours of long-form series, documentaries and specials are produced every year by CNNI’s non-news programming division, CNN Vision. CNN has 39 editorial offices and more than 1,100 affiliates worldwide through CNN Newsource.<br><br><br>CNN International is part of Turner, a WarnerMedia company.
Business Unit Overview
The Photojournalist needs to be a highly proficient non-linear editor, capable of independent editorial decision-making.
Overseas travel is an integral aspect of the job, including hostile environments.
They can be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days per week as news warrants. Candidate must be physically fit.
What will you be doing?
- Newsgathering: Demonstrate competent lighting and photography set-ups. Ensures that all pictures and sound are of good quality and properly recorded. Able to gather quality pictures and sound as a one-person operation to tell a visually compelling story. They must have skilled knowledge of technology to edit and transmit material.
- Position involves travel and fieldwork as news and features needs dictates. Responding at a short notice to unexpected breaking news.
- Need the ability to shoot live-shots and to set up and operate live broadcasting equipment using both satellite and Digital Newsgathering equipment.
- Ensuring quality of both video and audio meets CNN standards.
- Knowledge and curiosity on current events is necessary.
- Editing/DNG/Producing: Demonstrate a high standard of creative editing and use of NLE software in the edit suites, and in the field. Using editorial, technical and productions skills to produce high-end Features and Digital content. Conceptualizing with reporters and producers in order to deliver hight quality content, while meeting strict broadcast deadlines under demanding conditions
- Logistics- Preparing appropriate equipment. Managing logistics, including the safe travel of personnel, and the shipping of equipment. The Photojournalist is responsible for the upkeep, the fundamental maintenance, and cleaning the Newsgathering tools and equipment.
- Paperwork- The PJ is responsible for the accurate accounting of all spending and expenses on corporate credit cards and budgets, in a timely manner per company guidelines.
- The Photojournalist needs to attend and stay abreast of Company provided Safety and security courses.
- Media Asset Management: The Photojournalist is responsible for the accurate sharing, and safe archiving of all assets.
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, TV Production or related field. In lieu of a degree we would consider experience and on the job accomplishment.
- Work experience in hardship locations
- Substantial ENG Camera and Field production experience/NLE edit experience
- Advanced FCP editing
- Familiarity with a variety digital news gathering and IT based transmission methods
- High level of computer skills
- Willingness to travel is required
- Visual story-tellers responsible for the ethical, aesthetic, and technical aspects of the assignment
- High degree of professionalism and team work
- Managing logistics and equipment to meet the needs of the field team; reporter, producer.
- Adhere to high journalistic standards as set forth in CNN Practices & Policies guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task in a competitive environment
- High-level of organization to help maintain the video archive
- Interest in world events
- Effective communicator
- Skilful and creative
- Excellent command of the English language.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS