CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Writer/Producer, HLN On the storyLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 168439BR Apply Now
Follow us on , and .
Writer/Producers at HLN are entry-level writers in the newsroom. They write and produce accurate, compelling, and relevant segments and teases to help grow ratings. They are expected to also consistently write accurate, urgent, and compelling banners for all segments.
Writer/Producers should take initiative to engage all newsgathering partners when building segments. They are expected to keep viewers first in all content that is produced - from creative presentation to banners to element selection and tone. They should also regularly review content and look for areas of improvement; create action plan with the show executive producer. Lastly, Writer/Producers are expected to consistently pitch stories and guests that make it to air.
- Four years broadcast newswriting and/or producing experience preferred; five years a plus.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience.
- Excellent writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance.
- Ability to produce quality work quickly.
- Able to adapt program during breaking news or adapt to anchor style.
- Must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
- Strong production vision: able to envision a segment or package and turn it into reality.
- Enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision.
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS