CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Writer/Producer - CNN - Weekend AfternoonLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 161669BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play, what will you be doing?
The writer/producer is an essential contributor to the Newsroom Weekend program. This person produces segments and packages that make the show compelling and unique. As a strong writer for the show, the writer/producer contributes to the program's overall excellence by capturing the anchor's voice. As a segment producer, the writer/producer seeks ideas to increase time spent viewing by looking for compelling angles for telling stories, with guest discussions or other methods. As a field producer and package producer, this individual uses the best information and video to create packages that bring a signature touch to this program. In addition, segment and package ideas will have broad enough appeal to be attractive to other programs and be more cost efficient.
What do we need from you?
- Pitching, researching, planning guest segments and/or packages as needed
- Identifying guests, video elements, graphic elements (including relevant fonts)
- Coordinating execution of segments live from control room when needed, to ensure the most effective pursuit of the vision of the segment
- Handling logistics for production of packages-interviews (both arranging and conducting when necessary), shoots (including finding sites, securing crew and booking travel), video (choosing and/or cutting video and monitoring the editing of the piece as necessary)
- Developing graphics for pieces or entire programs based on theme
- Writing: pulling together all elements of segments and writing anchor intros, teases, fonts and text for graphics
- Coordinating all elements gathered for packages into coherent, compelling pieces that integrate the best video and the strongest words
- Collaborating with newsgathering and Media Operations to obtain the best elements
- Collaborating with the Row to ensure the best script
- Writing day-of scripts for program: promos, teases, opens, news, features. Effectively using video, graphics and fonts on all assigned stories
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.